Horrible Memory Leak for 1-2 Weeks Now

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
Robert Lindsay

Horrible Memory Leak for 1-2 Weeks Now

Post by Robert Lindsay »

Not sure exactly when it started, but new FF's suck up a huge amount of memory. I load one page of Gmail, and that's one I GB right there. Another couple of pages and we are up to 1.7 GB. Don't even try to open more windows. I used to have quite a few tabs open in FF, and really nothing happened. Leave two tabs (1.2 GB) open all night, come back, and the system is locked up, with FF eating over 4 GB of memory. I don't think memory is the answer, as it will just chew up whatever more memory I install. No previous installs of FF ever had a leak like this.
DN123ABC

Re: Horrible Memory Leak for 1-2 Weeks Now

Post by DN123ABC »

Robert Lindsay wrote:Not sure exactly when it started, but new FF's suck up a huge amount of memory. I load one page of Gmail, and that's one I GB right there. Another couple of pages and we are up to 1.7 GB. Don't even try to open more windows. I used to have quite a few tabs open in FF, and really nothing happened. Leave two tabs (1.2 GB) open all night, come back, and the system is locked up, with FF eating over 4 GB of memory. I don't think memory is the answer, as it will just chew up whatever more memory I install. No previous installs of FF ever had a leak like this.
Seeing the exact same things. Sometimes, one cannot even bring up task manager to kill the Firefox processes; necessitating a power button hard restart. Never has software crippled my systems like Firefox and Thunderbird are currently doing. Again, this is new within the past two or three weeks. It used to be slow, but manageable. Google Chrome seems the only other option.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

mightyglydd:

I don't think you fully understand the concept of "testing".
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

You can think what you like.
Me; I wonder what comparing a Beta with the OP's Fx76 (back from 77) has to do with 'testing'.
Screwed up profile comes to mind.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

So far that’s two reports of the issue. What diagnostics have you done?
therube

Post by therube »

one cannot even bring up task manager to kill the Firefox processes; necessitating a power button hard restart. Never has software crippled my systems like Firefox and Thunderbird are currently doing
Presumably (no one has said) FF is also eating CPU.
But is it only FF that is eating CPU?
As in, do you see ntoskrnl.exe eating CPU at the same time?
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.c ... 606162#c10
(There was another related bug, but I'll be if I can find it. Maybe 1 of 250 took it.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

DanRaisch wrote:... What diagnostics have you done?
Open to suggestions.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

So as usual you just moan without doing anything. No way should you be testing development builds you dont have the capacity for it
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

DN123ABC wrote:
DanRaisch wrote:... What diagnostics have you done?
Open to suggestions.
Mightyglydd posted links to diagnostics twice. Just review them for information.