Roboform login in Linux

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
KenWA

Roboform login in Linux

Post by KenWA »

I am using a dual boot Windows 7 and Linux MInt 19.3 system and have Roboform Everywhere. When I call on Roboform under Windows I merely need to enter the master password to start using it. Under Linux I often have to create a new account with e-mail, master password and then wait for a one time password - all of which is a pain. I have not set Cookies to deleted and have included roboform.com to be retained in Manage Data. Despite this I have discovered that if I set up Roboform then log out and back into Firefox 79 and want to use Roboform I have to go through the whole process again so it seems that FF is not retaining the data for this extension.
Roboform support has only suggested that I am deleting cookies but this is not the problem Can anyone suggest a way out of this annoying and delaying situation?
Grumpus

Re: Roboform login in Linux

Post by Grumpus »

Check you History and make sure the settings do not remove anything.
Also check your passwords and make sure you allow the same password for the Windows set-up.
If these do not work it could be a security issue with Roboform and the Linux OS.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
KenWA

Post by KenWA »

I am afraid I do not understand what you mean by check your history,
Do you mean do I use the same passwords for Windows and Linux then the answer is obviously yes. Passwords are for the websites and have no bearing on the OS.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

On history - /edit/preferences/privacy & security/History/settings - suggestion was to make sure these settings did not remove anything necessary.
Items could be - Site Preferences, cookies, etc.
Passwords work pretty much the same if you are storing them.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
KenWA

Post by KenWA »

Thank you. I did not know about this little corner of the settings where there is another command to clear cookies. I unchecked this and now the problem seems to be over. Time will tell but for now I am overjoyed. If only there was such a simple answer to every questin.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Glad it's solved as a rule it helps to dig a little, even into the root level folders and configuration settings in any Linux OS or software.
KenWA

Post by KenWA »

After some weeks of seemingly normal behaior the problem has returned and I am forced to enter email, password and then wait for a OTP. I have checked the Firefox History settings and they are unchanged. Any further suggestions?
I am using version 80.0 marked as Firefox for LOinux 1.0. Does this differ in any way from version 80.0.1 which I am using on Windows?
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Has anything been updated or have you updated anything within the past couple of weeks, system or otherwise?
Under /edit /preferences/Privacy & Security/History/Advanced did the "Site Preferences" get checked.
Sometimes this can cause a "fail" of some site functions if Site preferences are checked.

As to Linux19.3 Firefox 80 is current as of now.
KenWA

Post by KenWA »

I have no 'Advanced' choice under History but 'Site Preferences' under 'Settings' is not checked.
Programs are often updated, sometimes automatically but I am not aware of any recent changes.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

In your Linux update manager there's a tab under View for history, it should list all updates.
If not you can open Synaptic and check history of any updates.
This is for Linux which seems to be where your issue is.
It's good to see what is being updated before allowing any updates as a general rule. This for both OSs.
KenWA wrote:I have no 'Advanced' choice under History but 'Site Preferences' under 'Settings' is not checked.
Programs are often updated, sometimes automatically but I am not aware of any recent changes.
My error I also show Settings not advanced.

You might want to look at the way storage is being handled in about:config.
Roboform does not appear to have been update for about four months.
Also, using a plain text editor look at extension-preferences.json in your profile (Linux) see if anything is changed.
KenWA

Post by KenWA »

I think I have solved the problem. Under Preferences/security/Cookies I checked Delete when Firefox closes but entered Robofrorm URL as an exception. Then under History I checked clear history on closing but excluding Cookies and this seems to be working.
I just hope this change lasts longer than my last one.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Glad you solved it.
You may be able to fine tune things a little so some cookies get dumped but the needed ones are retained.