Number spacing (Ubuntu 18.04)

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
robbyx

Number spacing (Ubuntu 18.04)

Post by robbyx »

I often use the numbering system when writing emails. Is there a way to automatically put a line space between each numbered paragraph?

R
Robin
WaltS48

Re: Number spacing (Ubuntu 18.04)

Post by WaltS48 »

Using Thunderbird 68.12.0 that would be "Use Paragraph format instead of Body Text by default" in Preferences > Composition for HTML composition.

For Plain Text just press the Enter key twice.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
robbyx

Post by robbyx »

I checked out your suggestion. It works haphazardly:

Even if I set the default to paragraph it reverts to body text.

The format paragraph option defaults to to body text after 2 numbers have gone through, and that is after I have clicked on paragraph option in the format drop down menu.

Do you have any further suggestions to make the numbering system consistent with double spacing?
Robin
DaveRo

Post by DaveRo »

Arguably the option 'Use paragraph format instead of Body Text' should apply to lists too. I can see arguments for and against that - is it a list of paragraphs or a list within a paragraph?

What I would do is complete the list of paragraphs then select the lot and apply paragraph format.
robbyx

Post by robbyx »

The list is the button that appears on the header to a outgoing email. IT creates applies a numbered list

It looks as if I will have to follow Dave's proposal to complete the list of paragraphs then select the lot and apply paragraph format.

Thank you both for your help.
Robin