Back to the tab from which I opened the link

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
lud

Back to the tab from which I opened the link

Post by lud »

I just updated SeaMonkey from 2.49.5 to 2.53.3. And I see different behavior.

2.49.5:
- I'm opening a new tab from some link
- I close this (newest) tab and the browser returns to the original tab from which I opened the link

2.53.3:
- I'm opening a new tab from some link
- I close this tab and the browser switches to the tab on the far right, browser doesn't return back to the tab from which I opened the link

I would like the browser to return to the tab from which I opened the link.

Is it possible to change the settings so that the tabs in 2.53.3 behave the same as in 2.49.5?
Frank Lion

Re: Back to the tab from which I opened the link

Post by Frank Lion »

lud wrote:Is it possible to change the settings so that the tabs in 2.53.3 behave the same as in 2.49.5?
Enter about:config in the urlbar, search for browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent - right click and Toggle it to True.

Will not do exactly what you want, but it'll be much better than what you have now.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
lud

Post by lud »

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I don't like option "browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent" - I like when new tab is opened as last tab because I know what I opened earlier and what I open later.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

lud wrote: I don't like option "browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent" - I like when new tab is opened as last tab because I know what I opened earlier and what I open later.
I understand, I have it toggled to false myself. However, at the moment, that 'fix' seems about as good as it gets on 2.53.

You could try looking for an extension that does what you want, but I think it's unlikely there is one.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
frg

Post by frg »

Might be related to this one:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1623054

Can't tell when we will be able to fix it. Bigger fish to try first. Help wanted.

FRG