Lost bookmarks with brand new laptop

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
angeladam

Lost bookmarks with brand new laptop

Post by angeladam »

Hello,
I got a new laptop after mine was being looked at by the support team, and another one was given to me in the meantime. After using that loan laptop during 2 months, I finally got a new one as they couldn't fix the last one and gave me a voucher for change.
I then started this new laptop, downloaded Firefox and once done, I logged in to my Firefox account but then could not see all my bookmarks and folders. Everything is lost. I tried 2 things:
- looked into the back up data per day but nothing was visible as it was a new laptop
- looked into my firefox profiles in about:profiles and tried to put the second one (only 2 visible) as default one, restarted and nothing changed.
Any help? I really need those bookmarks, all my studies links, a lot of personal links about a difficult period of time, it's not nothing for me to lose this all.
Many thanks beforehand to anyone who would be able to help out on this.
Angéline
LIMPET235

Re: Lost bookmarks with brand new laptop

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving this to the Firefox Support forum...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
therube

Re: Lost bookmarks with brand new laptop

Post by therube »

(I know nothing of sync, but) do you have a backup of your Profile prior to all this switcher-ooo?

Transferring data to a new profile - Firefox
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript