permissions.default.shortcuts does not block. . . again

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ineuw

permissions.default.shortcuts does not block. . . again

Post by ineuw »

I posted and corrected this in ff v65, and now I am using v81.0 and the problem is back. In about:config the value is set to 2 as it should be, but it still functions and interferes with AutoHotkey. Windows 10 access keys are disabled at the registry level. The key combination is "Ctrl+Sift+Z" which on my en-US desktop opens the Web Developer.
Firefox 115.0.2 (default install) in Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 64 bit, updated on 2023-07-31 00:05
Grumpus

Re: permissions.default.shortcuts does not block. . . again

Post by Grumpus »

Try "0" -maybe a default.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
therube

Post by therube »

What is permissions.default.shortcuts supposed to do?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
ineuw

Post by ineuw »

It is supposed to block the Firefox shortcut key assignments.
Firefox 115.0.2 (default install) in Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 64 bit, updated on 2023-07-31 00:05
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Does this bug report help any? permissions.default.shortcuts
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
ineuw

Post by ineuw »

Grumpus wrote:Does this bug report help any? permissions.default.shortcuts
No. But I am familiar with this and related bug reports. I had the same problem then, since corrected. Resetting the Backspace to it's normal function is done by user_pref("browser.backspace_action", 2);

user_pref("permissions.default.shortcuts", 2); is supposed to disable the built in macros
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ke ... cale=en-US
ineuw

Post by ineuw »

Finally managed to observe the following repeatedly. In my user.js the following preferences are defined as

Code: Select all

user_pref("browser.backspace_action", 2); and
user_pref("permissions.default.shortcuts", 2);
On first time after opening of the browser, either of these settings fail and revert to their default behaviour. Afterwards, the preferences behave according to their settings.
Is it possible to eliminate this issue by setting these preferences earlier in firefox.cfg? Are the preferences interchangeable?
ineuw

Post by ineuw »

Thanks for the link. Is this a recently introduced feature to restructure the previous way of setting preferences?

My using preferences is to eliminate the time consuming resets I must constantly monitor and perform, due to Mozilla's interference while I work. I want to control the settings of the Options between application updates. Unchangeable settings embedded in the executable don't interfere with my work because they don't change.

Settings that interfere with my work are keyboard access keys, regional, language, and spellcheck related.