Is SeaMonkey falling behind again?

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
ndebord

Re: Is SeaMonkey falling behind again?

Post by ndebord »

Justinh wrote:
Frank Lion wrote: I don't know why people seem to have this huge life and death internal struggle over doing this. Would the world end if you, once in a while, listened to music using VLC instead of Winamp?
Because people don't want to have to remember 'use this browser for this site, that browser for that site' and switch back and forth and such. I don't have two cars, two phones, two TVs, two toasters, etc. Yeah, users can manage, but it is a pain, for multiple reasons.

No, the world won't end because of a web browser...
Justinh,

Two phones, etc... doesn't exactly duplicate how SM works. For instance, at this minute I am reading 2 Vanity Fair articles, while posting here.... one in Edge Dev and one in Vivaldi. Both using right-clicks with IE View and Open in Chrome.
Not a PITA to my mind.

Just Sayin'

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

@ NWKnight77...
I split your post off to the SeaMonkey Support forum...
Here > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3067171
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Justinh

Post by Justinh »

Yeah, this is getting bad. I'm even having problems with my router interface now. I hope the next SM version comes out soon and has a significant upgrade in the engine.

Sure, we all could use multiple browsers, but it gets hard remembering 'use this one for that site, use that one for this site', or 'this site isn't working, is it a SM problem or just a crappy site, well I have to go test on another browser...'.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Justinh wrote:Yeah, this is getting bad. I'm even havi.
Your moan is just the same as your last series of moans, so here's the same answer again -

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14875961
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

Justinh wrote:Yeah, this is getting bad. I'm even having problems with my router interface now. I hope the next SM version comes out soon and has a significant upgrade in the engine.

Sure, we all could use multiple browsers, but it gets hard remembering 'use this one for that site, use that one for this site', or 'this site isn't working, is it a SM problem or just a crappy site, well I have to go test on another browser...'.
same could be said about current firefox, or any firefox for that matter, it doesnt work on all websites, thats why i use other browsers, having a 500GB HDD an extra browser or whatever isnt gonna take up much more space i tend to always PIN my browsers to my taskbar
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox
LordOfTheBored

Post by LordOfTheBored »

Justinh wrote:Yeah, this is getting bad. I'm even having problems with my router interface now. I hope the next SM version comes out soon and has a significant upgrade in the engine.

It is almost always a crappy site.
casper1975

Post by casper1975 »

As much as I hate to say this SeaMonkey is falling behind when It comes to available extension & that's holding me back from using It.
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

casper1975 wrote:As much as I hate to say this SeaMonkey is falling behind when It comes to available extension & that's holding me back from using It.
its kinda always gonna fall behind till SM get more Developers which they lack in.
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox