Firefox 82 - "Not Responding"

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
tpaulr

Re: Firefox 82 - "Not Responding"

Post by tpaulr »

Yes. Same condition, as you described, I just said it differently...

It says at the top of the screen - it is a blank white page while it's trying to load, this is for a few seconds - "Not Responding".

Then it usually loads...
Banditz71

Post by Banditz71 »

OK, gotcha! Don't seem to have the problem in Safe Mode ... you? Also, do you happen to be using RoboForm? (just wondering ... long shot theory)
Richard H.
tpaulr

Post by tpaulr »

I do experience the same condition in Safe Mode - I've been on this forum long enough to follow the best protocol to test everything before I post or comment.

I have tried everything. I just live with this like other issues I have with FF.

I have not been able to delete the download list, as an example, it just keeps accumulating. It scares me that if any of my desktops, laptops or tablets gets hacked, they can go back a year or more to get into my business files, among other things.

I have developed 17 or 18 new profiles since Quantum was launched, I have never been able to resolve that download issue.
Banditz71

Post by Banditz71 »

Hmmmmm, OK ..... sounds like you "have" covered all the bases ..... I'm seeing this behavior on 2, maybe 3, different computers. But strangely enough, not here on my work computer ( with the same, or mostly the same, Add-ons as I have at home )

Do you happen to be using Roboform (password manager)?
Richard H.
tpaulr

Post by tpaulr »

Last Pass, not Roboform.

I do think I covered all the bases, yes.
BobbyPhoenix

Post by BobbyPhoenix »

By any chance are you using any third party antivirus software? If so that can be it as many people report about Firefox problems when not using the built in Windows Defender.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
tpaulr

Post by tpaulr »

I have multiple layers of security, both realtime and on-demand, all 3rd. party.

I have dealt with these issues since Quantum, not before. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all my security layers multiple times, have actually spent time directly with the authors of some of this software, it is not any of those platforms.
Banditz71

Post by Banditz71 »

OK, thanks tpaulr .... forgot to ask you something, do your issues begin as soon as you open Firefox and start using it? I haven't really nailed this down yet ... but it "seems" like I'm OK the first hour+ ... but after that, it begins. Still got more testing to do to really confirm that.

Bobby - Yes, but my issues just began with v82 ... so I'm doubting "that" could be it .... BUT, I'll do some testing on that as well ... ya' NEVER know! Thanks
Richard H.
tpaulr

Post by tpaulr »

It starts the instant I launch Firefox...
Banditz71

Post by Banditz71 »

OK .... in using my laptop last evening, it definitely was working just fine up until a couple of hours (or so) had passed .... I'm only on my desktop about an hour in the morning and an hour after getting home during the week ... this weekend I'll see if it acts the same after a period of time. Mighty strange!
Richard H.
tpaulr

Post by tpaulr »

It is.

It is virtually every site I go to, I get the same message before it loads...frankly, I think it's getting worse.
Banditz71

Post by Banditz71 »

:-k ](*,) :-k ](*,)
Richard H.
AV8NLVR

Post by AV8NLVR »

I am having this problem too, on my desktop. I run FF 82.0.2 on my laptop as well and it works ok. I have disabled all but 1 extension and also created a new profile but it makes no difference.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

What is the extension you still have enabled?
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
AV8NLVR

Post by AV8NLVR »

Roboform passwords.