Do Bookmarklets Still Work in Firefox?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Mo_D

Post by Mo_D »

If so, where can I find some? I'm looking for one that makes colored pages (like MetaFilter.com) appear as black type on white background.
xanthon

Re: Do Bookmarklets Still Work in Firefox?

Post by xanthon »

Yes. I frequently use a bookmarklet from this site: https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/ Another site: http://www.bookmarklets.com/tools/look/index.html
Mo_D

Post by Mo_D »

Thanks, xanthon. I started to add that first one to my bookmarks, but 'add this bookmark' was missing and replaced by 'edit this bookmark'. lol. I've had that site bookmarked since back in the 00's, I just forgot. It was in a folder I never use anymore. I still have the bookmarklets too and they still work.

I don't know why I thought they quit working. Zap Colors works fine on MetaFilter.
therube

Post by therube »

Not all, Bookmarklets affected by CSP.

But something like your 'Zap Colors' will.

(It wasn't until Boris Zbarsky finally said, screw it (to Mozilla's inaction), & put out a fix that was enough to get "easy bookmarklets" to work - properly. And since then, Mozilla has done... zip.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Bookmarklets should work in current releases on all pages, even on Mozilla websites where extensions aren't working.

CSP doesn't matter anymore.

Bug 1478037 - Allow bookmarklets to run even when the CSP on the page would normally block javascript: execution [69]