Privacy thing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
kluless

Privacy thing

Post by kluless »

There's a 'Privacy' thing appearing at the bottom of some pages, is this a FF feature, only seems to have been there since 82?
TheVisitor

Re: Privacy thing

Post by TheVisitor »

Link to page where you see that ?
kluless

Post by kluless »

The 'thing' is a button that appears at the bottom L/H corner of a page, with 'Privacy' on it, when I click on it I get a pop-up window with a selection of options to enable/disable. One of the options is a long list of 'Partners'

It's happening on pages of a private bulletin board, so I can't link to it
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

In that case perhaps you should ask the operators of that private bulletin board. If we can't see it, it's going to be hard for anyone to identify the source/reason for it.
tsor

Post by tsor »

kluless wrote:The 'thing' is a button that appears at the bottom L/H corner of a page, with 'Privacy' on it, when I click on it I get a pop-up window with a selection of options to enable/disable. One of the options is a long list of 'Partners'

It's happening on pages of a private bulletin board, so I can't link to it
I had something similar. For testing I installed a [free] program called advanced systemcare. After that a popup button started to appear. Size aprox. 1 and a half inch wide, about 1 inch in hight, the inside consisted of large arrows arranged in a circular matter. It was always located at the bottom right side above the taskbar in the time/date area and you could click on it.

My suggestion run malwarebytes to find the culprits name. Do not let malwarebytes do anything [quarantine or remove] yet. Remove the culprit program over the programm controlpanel, restart computer, run malwarebytes again.

Since this happened in Brave, MS Edge also, I do not believe that pop up button/window is related to FF. My wild guess you picked up Maleware !!!

Update: After removing the program, restart the computer, running malwarebyte and finding nothing, that less than 2 second pop up just appeared in IceDragon. Must be something else. Sorry.
tsor

Post by tsor »

TheVisitor wrote:Link to page where you see that ?
E.G: https://enablejavascript.co/the-importa ... avascript/

If you dont see it in the far right bottom corner above the taskbar [time and date area] you have JavaScript disabled.
If you see it if JavaScript is enabled.

It is a JavaScript embedded into some websites. Allowing ar disable JS has pro and cons. Some websites become unuseable,others partly work others show no impact. Afik MS Edge will not allow to disable JS and have it switched on.
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

tsor wrote:
TheVisitor wrote:Link to page where you see that ?
E.G: https://enablejavascript.co/the-importa ... avascript/
That is a notice displayed by a Google reCAPTCHA page embedded in an iframe. If you hover your mouse pointer over that, more details fly out.