[EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
netllama

Re: [EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Post by netllama »

I've been experiencing severe firefox performance problems when Forecastfox is enabled. A ton of details (including performance profiles) are in this thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/commen ... _gmail_in/

Let me know if additional details are needed from me.

thanks!
Block921

Post by Block921 »

Hello, I have a problem with forecastfox: I can't change the location, it gets stuck on New York; i tried to disable noscript and ublock origin (and all other extensions) but the problem remains. When I open the options and try to change the location, in the screen that opens I don't see any map that allows me to choose a new location.
I'm sorry for my english
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi Block921,
AFAIK, there's no actual "map" per se, at first.
Just a box where you can enter "your location."

That is, unless they changed things. (Nope...Just checked & all the options are the same.)
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Block921

Post by Block921 »

LIMPET235 wrote:Hi Block921,
AFAIK, there's no actual "map" per se, at first..
Just a box where you can enter "your location."

That is, unless they changed things. (Nope...Just checked & all the options are the same.)
thanks for the reply, but I don't see any box; or rather: I see the box but it seems to load indefinitely without me being able to enter any location
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Try left clicking in the box for "The Map" to appear & then make your selections...

Zoom to your location etc., etc., & add it to the box.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Block921

Post by Block921 »

LIMPET235 wrote:Try left clicking in the box for "The Map" to appear & then make your selections...

Zoom to your location etc., etc., & add it to the box.
Unfortunately, if I click in the box, nothing happens and I can't even type. I saved a screenshot but don't know how to post it
netllama

Post by netllama »

[quote="netllama"]I've been experiencing severe firefox performance problems when Forecastfox is enabled. A ton of details (including performance profiles) are in this thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/commen ... _gmail_in/

Let me know if additional details are needed from me.

thanks![/quote]

Bump
Angelpie

Post by Angelpie »

Recently had a problem and had to reinstall this add-on. Now I can't figure out how to change my location. Please help me. If I can't change it, it's useless to me.
Block921

Post by Block921 »

@Angelpie, I am in the same situation. If isn't possible to change the location, the extension is useless.
@netllama, thanks for the reply, unfortunately I haven't solved the problem.
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

Install Forecast Fox 2.4.8 or earlier and set your locations. Then you can update it to the latest version if you want. Personally, I do not like the way the latest one works, so I am staying on 2.4.8
dstamat

Post by dstamat »

Hi Everybody,

I use Forecastfox (fix version) 2.4.8 on Seamonkey 2.49.5 (Windows 10) where Forecastfox works fine. I am delaying upgrading to version 2.53.5 of Seamonkey because Forecastfox does not work there, even though it loads without any problems. However, I just noticed that Forecastfox works as expected on the macOS version of Seamonkey 2.53.5. So, the problem is only with the Win10 version of Seamonkey 2.53.5.

What would make Forecastfox 2.4.8 on work on the macOS version of the browser and not the Win10 version? Is there is something I could do to fix it? I would really appreciate it if you could share some ideas.

Thanks in advance

Dimitris
sundancer268

Post by sundancer268 »

I have the location problem also, where can I download the 2.4.8 version?
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

I put up 2.4.8 on my Google Drive ... Link is below
https://drive.google.com/file/d/110IXUN ... sp=sharing
sundancer268

Post by sundancer268 »

85rx-7se wrote:I put up 2.4.8 on my Google Drive ... Link is below
https://drive.google.com/file/d/110IXUN ... sp=sharing
Tried to install the xpi file and FF said it could not be installed as it appeared to be corrupt. Maybe it won't work as I am running the latest FF version 83.0 x64 version. Thanks for trying and maybe someday they will get it fixed. I had no issues until I had to do a complete Windows 10 Pro x64 reinstall about two weeks ago and did a new install of all my programs. I had taken screen shots of all my extensions and menus and printed them out so I could get back to normal, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.
Gazdok

Post by Gazdok »

I have a problem with Forecastfox (fix version) where Forecastfox does not update and it displays a red x in the bar, and when I hover over the x it says "There was a problem connecting to the weather service." How can I fix this?
If I disable and re-enable the add on it updates the data.