BCC loses entry when email saved dlp

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
dlpcap

BCC loses entry when email saved dlp

Post by dlpcap »

TB 78.4.0

When I put entries in BCC section of an outgoing email, then save the email to send later - when I open it to send, the 2nd entry disappears each time, and I have to re-enter that entry before sending.

Got any ideas what's going on? It's very tedious to have to keep checking to make sure all of the BCC's are being sent!
WaltS48

Re: BCC loses entry when email saved dlp

Post by WaltS48 »

I wasn't able to reproduce this using TB 78.4.0 on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Linux.

The 2nd Bcc was slightly hidden, and there was a scrollbar in the address area that I used to scroll down and completely reveal it.

I would suggest trying safe mode using Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled to see if an extension is causing the problem.

I only used 2 Bcc addresses. So if you are using more and the 2nd one always disappears then please state that in a reply.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
dlpcap

Post by dlpcap »

I noticed this on further testing: I generally have a group email as first entry in the BCC section. It is then when the 2nd standalone email disappears on saving.
Further, no matter where I put the 'group' email entry, the standalone entry following disappears. Interesting?
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

dlpcap wrote:I noticed this on further testing: I generally have a group email as first entry in the BCC section. It is then when the 2nd standalone email disappears on saving.
Further, no matter where I put the 'group' email entry, the standalone entry following disappears. Interesting?
Confusing is more like it.

By group, you mean a mailing list with numerous addresses in it, then a single email address to one recipient following that in the Bcc field, or any address field?
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

This will be fixed some time AFTER 78.5.0 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1674650