Firefox 82 - "Not Responding"

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Firefox 82 - "Not Responding"

Post by malliz »

Roboform has a history of slowing browsers down I would have thought they would have fixed it by now but maybe not
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Banditz71

Post by Banditz71 »

I'm also running Roboform and in the back of my mind, I've been wondering about it ..... are you now seeing a red block with white dots coming and going up at the Roboform icon at the top? I wrote them about it and they said it does this while it's analyzing the page .... I've never seen this in the past. However, I have disabled it and it didn't seem to fix the problem ... so there may be nothing to it.
Richard H.
AV8NLVR

Post by AV8NLVR »

Yes, I have seen the little red square come and go at times also. I disabled it but it didn't help so I turned it back on. Now that I think of it, on my laptop I also have Roboform but its the previous version (I didn't apply the last regular update they pushed). Firefox runs normally on the laptop. I'm going to apply that update today and see if the most recent version of Roboform has anything to do with it. My desktop has 8.9.44 version
Banditz71

Post by Banditz71 »

I have the issue on both my desktop and laptop at home .... but not here at work. Here, I'm on v. 8.9.44 ..... but probably the same at home .... in checking my version here, I see 8.9.5.5 is now available.
Richard H.
AV8NLVR

Post by AV8NLVR »

Well, the Roboform extension is now updated to the current version but it didn't help. Its really hard to keep using Firefox when it stops every minute or so. Is it possible to revert back to a prior version of FF?
Banditz71

Post by Banditz71 »

Same here! I'm in the process of some testing .... disabled all addons and after 2+ hours, all is still working fine (usually starts acting up, for me, between 1 and 1.5 hrs) ..... I'm about to start adding addons back in ... starting with Roboform. We'll see what happens..... :-k

Yeah, you can revert back .... not sure the "best" procedure .... I'm sure someone will chime in with the best way to do it .... not sure I've ever done it.
Richard H.
Banditz71

Post by Banditz71 »

So far, I've seen this ..... disabled all addons, restarted FF ( it's known the issue doesn't occur without addons ) ... enabled Roboform, restarted FF ... and after 2+ hrs, no issues .... soooooo, it "appears" that rules out Roboform. Now, on to the next one.......
Richard H.
Banditz71

Post by Banditz71 »

AV8NLVR - Are you using the "Honey" app (coupon codes finder)? I haven't completely verified it yet, but with it Disabled (and all other Addons enabled), I'm no longer having the issue on my laptop or desktop. But, I have Honey enabled on my work computer and it isn't having the issue ..... so I'm afraid it's not as "black and white" as I was hoping. :?

When I first saw the problem disappear on my laptop, I had disabled both Honey and Video DownloadHelper ..... but, I don't have Video DownloadHelper on my desktop ... so that sort of ruled out that one. And, as I mentioned, I "do" have Honey enabled at work with no issues ... so it's all about as clear as mud. #-o

I know the latest Roboform update didn't make a difference .... and I'm "pretty sure" I was still having issues after the FF v82.0.3 update. However, I just saw that that update just came out on the 10th, so that's got me to thinking. :-k Your last post was on the 8th .... are you seeing anything different :?:
Richard H.
Banditz71

Post by Banditz71 »

Well.....looks like "now" that my issue was most likely fixed with v. 82.0.3 ..... I re-enabled Honey and all is still smooth after 3+ hours (the issue always arose within 1.5 hrs. or less) =D>

As a side, unrelated note, I'm probably going to disable Honey again due to security issues brought up by some ... not "that" big a loss.
Richard H.
AV8NLVR

Post by AV8NLVR »

I do not use the Honey app. so far I think its fixed as I do not notice any intermittent freezes. I'm not completely sure if the update to 82.0.3 is what fixed it because I think I noticed a couple freezes after I did the update. But I have Roboform back and UBlock Origin and its like it was before. We'll see how long it lasts.
sabretooth04

Post by sabretooth04 »

Firefox 83.0 has been out for like a week. Might try that.