how uses RAM SM!!!

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
jazei-AR

how uses RAM SM!!!

Post by jazei-AR »

SM 64 bits uses a lot of RAM... It is like an actual Chromiun Browser (any of them..... choose your like) what a pity!!! I could set up Ad block Latitude but now I should delete SM like I did with others Chomiun. SM 64 bits is a Chromiun.
I have only 4Gb of RAM and SM 64 bits uses 25%, I start with 25%, them other 25 % is used by SM.... what a pity. I shall testing SM 32 bits!!!!!
testing 32 bits.... now
Bye!!!
From Argentine, using Win 7 pro 64 bit on intel Celeron inside!!!!, 4Gb RAM, Browsers: seamonkey 32 bits & Ungoogle Chromium.
and my RAM Use is always going up to the clouds...
ElTxolo

Re: how uses RAM SM!!!

Post by ElTxolo »

jazei-AR wrote:SM 64 bits uses a lot of RAM... It is like an actual Chromiun Browser (any of them..... choose your like) what a pity!!! I could set up Ad block Latitude but now I should delete SM like I did with others Chomiun. SM 64 bits is a Chromiun.
    Read some more, and stop talking nonsense ... Image
    SeaMonkey 2.53.5 - Release Notes wrote:
    • - Extensions (Add-ons) and Themes:
    • Adblock Plus 2.9.1 may cause huge memory and CPU consumption and is not recommended or officially supported in this SeaMonkey version. Consider switching to uBlock.
    :-k You have been advised, to install uBlock Legacy.
    And you finally (under your own responsibility) have installed that ABL ...

Last edited by DanRaisch on November 15th, 2020, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Minor edit for language.
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
jazei-AR

Post by jazei-AR »

ElTxolo wrote: :-k You have been advised, to install uBlock Legacy.
And you finally (under your own responsibility) have installed that ABL ...

Image[/list]
But I do not use ABP I use adblock latitude converted.... so I invite you to test it and tell us about how memory it use! It is an important data!!! "!!!! !"!!!!!!
ABLatitude: adblocklatitude@addons.palemoon.org.xpi
convert it and try and test

jazei-AR wrote:I could install adblock latitude by your convert, Thank you developer
I searched .xpi in my PC (adblocklatitude@addons.palemoon.org.xpi) and then converted it fine!!!!
From Argentine, using Win 7 pro 64 bit on intel Celeron inside!!!!, 4Gb RAM, Browsers: seamonkey 32 bits & Ungoogle Chromium.
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

jazei-AR wrote: But I do not use ABP I use adblock latitude converted....
  • Image uBlock Origin can block malware, spyware, trackers, analytics software, popups, scripts, iframes, CSS, and images ....
    • Adblock Latitude is a direct fork of Adblock Plus made specifically for the Pale Moon and Basilisk browsers.
    So, wtf am I going to waste my time, with that ABP bull ....?? Image

Last edited by LIMPET235 on November 29th, 2020, 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Some slight text editing....
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

I have also found that seamonkey 64bit uses lots of ram, more than previously.

It definitely depends on what web pages have been visited, and how many large mail accounts have been opened.

It does not always free up this memory unless it is closed and re-opened. Right now with a fresh open and just this site I am at 260mb

Opened a few mail boxes, up to 312. closed mail window, back down to 285. Open fox news website and it rapidly climbs over 1 GB.

Close fox news and it has come back down to 317. So watch what web-sites cause it to go way up....
jazei-AR

Post by jazei-AR »

Rob_S wrote:I have also found that seamonkey 64bit uses lots of ram, more than previously.

It definitely depends on what web pages have been visited, So watch what web-sites cause it to go way up....
Thank you Rob_S it is the type of text that I like to read
yeahhhhhh Rob_S it is right!!!!! for ex. tumblr.com or flickr.com or newtumbl.com can spend 800Mb in 15 min. showing pics.
I too close and reopen browser for free mem.... think about slimjet 32 bits an Excelent browser.. it has a free memory built in. I setted free every 5 min. and it works so well. sm does not do that.
Last edited by jazei-AR on November 29th, 2020, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

jazei-AR...

Why are you introducing "religious references" into this thread, especially in regards to one particular person who has tried to assist you?

Please do not do that. If you persist in doing this...then you will get a warning.
After that....who knows!

For ref; > http://forums.mozillazine.org/faq.php?mode=rules#f4r9

Thank you.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Rob_S wrote:I have also found that seamonkey 64bit uses lots of ram, more than previously.
Don't use it and use the 32bit version instead?

Will not stop 'Fox News' type JS spikes, but it seems pretty good at avoiding the general RAM buildups.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Thanks, Frank.

I did not actually say this was a big problem for me at this time. I hardly ever feel the urge to read fox news.

I was merely trying to confirm for the OP that what he was saying was true, but very much dependent on what sites one visits, and how long between restarts.

Admittedly I was wondering what brought about the unusually antagonistic tone in the responses above. Must be some history there.

By the way, do you happen to know a solution for the JS spikes, as you call them?
jazei-AR

Post by jazei-AR »

LIMPET235 wrote:jazei-AR...

Why are you introducing "religious references" into this thread, especially in regards to one particular person who has tried to assist you?

Please do not do that. If you persist in doing this...then you will get a warning.
After that....who knows!

For ref; > http://forums.mozillazine.org/faq.php?mode=rules#f4r9

Thank you.
fixed up!!! your censorship already acted! I already deleted what you censored for me.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Rob_S wrote:By the way, do you happen to know a solution for the JS spikes, as you call them?
Easiest way is just to the Ublock Origin adblocking extension, as most of the RAM using JavaScript on sites like that is from unwanted adverts. It really does bring those spikes down a lot. Test it before and after on a site like this (a known mem use perp site ) -
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Btw here's a pic of one SM user when he found out how much better browsing is with UBlock Origin - https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/11/29 ... 031616.jpg
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

I'll be steering well clear of that, then! :)

I actually think he's so full of s__t, it couldn't come out fast enough, so it ended up overflowing from above.