Some pages are missing elements

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
LinuxUserSince1991

Some pages are missing elements

Post by LinuxUserSince1991 »

I wasn't sure where to post this; mods please move if it's better suited to another board.

Here's my 'about' info:
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.4

When I go to certain pages, they're missing entire parts. Here's an example from today. When I view it in SM, the right-hand side above the big "-OR-" is completely blank. But when I view it in FF, that area is populated with various donation fields. I would post screenshots...but I haven't been here in a long time, and I guess I don't remember how... I don't see an upload option. Do I need to store the images somewhere, then use the 'img' tag to reference them? :-k

PS I looked around first to see if this issue was being addressed, but I didn't see anything that looked relevant. Kindly point me to it if such a thing exists! :D
DanRaisch

Re: Some pages are missing elements

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to SeaMonkey Support as no specific bug has been identified here.

The same condition applies in Firefox until JavaScript is allowed to be active.
LinuxUserSince1991

DanRaisch wrote:Moving to SeaMonkey Support as no specific bug has been identified here.
Thanks!
The same condition applies in Firefox until JavaScript is allowed to be active.
But I have JavaScript completely enabled in SM. :-k
LinuxUserSince1991

Hmmm...I just went to the link I posted in my OP, and it's now displaying some info where it was blank before, but it still doesn't match--by a long-shot!--the way it displays in FF.

If someone would kindly remind me how to post pics, I'll post comparison screenshots.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Did you use "None" in View menu > Use Style?
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

LinuxUserSince1991 wrote:When I go to certain pages, they're missing entire parts. Here's an example from today. When I view it in SM, the right-hand side above the big "-OR-" is completely blank.
Really? You don't see the PayPal stuff on the left? Using uBlock Origin, places that back on the right.

Btw - you don't see the full donations stuff there, because it fails on this script - https://dev.maxmind.com/minfraud/

Probably doesn't recognise the SeaMonkey UA or fails feature detection scripts.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
LinuxUserSince1991

Anonymosity wrote:Did you use "None" in View menu > Use Style?
Yep, sure did--way before posting here! :)
Frank Lion wrote:
LinuxUserSince1991 wrote:When I go to certain pages, they're missing entire parts. Here's an example from today. When I view it in SM, the right-hand side above the big "-OR-" is completely blank.
Really? You don't see the PayPal stuff on the left? Using uBlock Origin, places that back on the right.
Yes, really, I don't see it! I'd be happy to post screenshots...if I knew how. That way everyone could see that it's really not there! It displays perfectly in Firefox.
Btw - you don't see the full donations stuff there, because it fails on this script - https://dev.maxmind.com/minfraud/

Oh...okay. Well that explains that.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

LinuxUserSince1991 wrote:Yes, really, I don't see it! I'd be happy to post screenshots...if I knew how..
#1. Go here - https://postimages.org

#2. Upload your picture by clicking 'Choose Images' box.

#3. Once uploaded, click blue symbol at the end of the 'Thumbnail for forums' line.

#4. Right click the mozillaZine post you are writing and click 'Paste'

#5. You're done.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
LinuxUserSince1991

Thanks for the instructions, @Frank Lion. I really just needed to know whether the forum supports direct uploading (apparently not) or linking (I just tried that, and it worked). So...

Here's the relevant part of the page in FF:

> http://www.groovygearshop.com/tmp/tmp_A ... ropped.png

Here's the same part in SM on the day I posted the OP:

And the same page in SM today:

As you can see, its display in SM doesn't even come close to how it displays in FF.
Last edited by LIMPET235 on December 4th, 2020, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image tags removed to restore the forum layout.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

LinuxUserSince1991 wrote:As you can see, its display in SM doesn't even come close to how it displays in FF.
I was replying initially to your point about it being 'completely blank' above the OR and it's not now blank, is it?

As for the 'its display in SM doesn't even come close to how it displays in FF.' point above, I don't really need to see, since I've already looked directly at the website scripts for you and I've already explained why that is the case -
Frank Lion wrote:Btw - you don't see the full donations stuff there, because it fails on this script - https://dev.maxmind.com/minfraud/

Btw - your images are breaking the page layout here, which is why I had written this above - #3. Once uploaded, click blue symbol at the end of the 'Thumbnail for forums' line.
LinuxUserSince1991

Thanks for your input, @Frank Lion.
Btw - your images are breaking the page layout here, which is why I had written this above
When I 'preview'ed the post, it looked fine, so I assumed it was. That's generally how forums work. Now I see that this is different, so, thanks again!