Custom Seamonkey Home Page - Problem

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
bluewizard

Re: Custom Seamonkey Home Page - Problem

Post by bluewizard »

Frank Lion wrote:
bluewizard wrote:
How about - When Edit / Preferences / Browser / Restoring Sessions and Windows - I had this set to - Restore [3] Tabs at a Time.

I assume, it only Restores Tabs/Windows when you are restarting after a Crash or an abnormal shut down. Am I Right?
No.
Thanks but .... No ... to what? No to the Restore Tabs potentially contributing to the Home Page Problem, or No to it only restoring Tabs after a crash?

bluewizard
therube

Post by therube »

It additionally applies to when you restore from Session Restore (& probably other places too; like opening a bookmark folder?).

In any case, that setting should not be affecting the display of your Home Page (.html, as it is) on browser start up. (If you were restoring your prior browser session, that would.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
janeil

Post by janeil »

Sorry to post with no help, but I have the same issue, no home page on startup, just blank. Windows 7, but the 32-bit seamonkey version, the 64-bit won't run. So, you're not alone, FWTW.

Aha, update, in case anyone ever finds this thread. It turns out, at least for me, that if I switch back to Modern or Classic themes, the home page comes back. Something about my custom theme. However, I tried one of the themes from the addons page and it did the same thing, so it's not just my theme that does it.
therube

Post by therube »

Something about my custom theme.
What theme(s) broke things on your end?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript