restoring conversation links (Linux)

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
mleschishin

restoring conversation links (Linux)

Post by mleschishin »

Hoping I might get some help from other users who might have experienced the same issue. Using Thunderbird v60.6.1 on a linux platform.

To make more room in my IMAP email account, I have had to move multiple messages to my Local Folder. I have discovered, however, that by making such moves, the conversation links among messages have been broken. I do have threading turned on. I do understand that the breaking of conversation links is a bug that's been reported elsewhere, however, I was wondering if performing a rebuild of the global database would restore the links?

Any help / suggestions would be appreciated.
Last edited by DanRaisch on January 6th, 2021, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (Linux) added to subject line.
sfhowes

Re: restoring conversation links (Linux)

Post by sfhowes »

The Open Message in Conversation feature does require that Global Search be enabled, so rebuilding the database is the first thing I'd do if it's not working.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... l-database
mleschishin

Post by mleschishin »

Hi, sfhowes:

Yes, I did see this support article earlier, and thanks for posting the link. I am just asking if rebuilding the global database will definitely solve my problem and restore the conversation links. In other words, has anyone else encountered this problem and solved it with the global database rebuild?

Mark
mleschishin

Post by mleschishin »

BTW, global search is enabled.