Signup

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Fix the captcha!!!!

Signup

Post by Fix the captcha!!!! »

I've just joined the forum after spending 8 hours today trying to sign up and being constantly locked out due to putting the common sense answer of 7, then Seven, then seven, then 7 again....

I then found an old thread explaining that it's supposed to be UNIQUE letters, which of course is 6, that thread was almost 3 years old....
I cannot imagine how many people gave up trying to join because of this nonsense :D
DanRaisch

Re: Signup

Post by DanRaisch »

Yup. Old news.
James

Post by James »

Nothing said it was only about the combined total of the letters.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Fix the captcha!!!! wrote:I cannot imagine how many people gave up trying to join because of this nonsense :D
Latest info says seven people gave up trying, but one of them wasn't that unique, so the answer is six people.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Code Name

Post by Code Name »

Fix the captcha!!!! wrote:I've just joined the forum after spending 8 hours today trying to sign up and being constantly locked out due to putting the common sense answer of 7, then Seven, then seven, then 7 again....

I then found an old thread explaining that it's supposed to be UNIQUE letters, which of course is 6, that thread was almost 3 years old....

I cannot imagine how many people gave up trying to join because of this nonsense :D
I totally agree, it is needless nonsense. It's actually quite stupid. It certainly doesn't help improve the site's reputation...
Politicians and Diapers must be changed often for the exact same reason...
James

Post by James »

Anyways only the Admin can make the change in say adding the word unique to make it more obvious or to revert it back to the random characters captacha of before. People did complain about the random characters captcha before it was changed to what it is now. However the Admin has not been around for a while now and nobody has been able to communicate with him and in part due to that the forum could either be shut down at some point or be started on another domain as per another thread here.