email error

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
kirch

email error

Post by kirch »

Hello at the forum! How do I correct the following error?:

The POP3 mail server (inbound.att.net) does not support UIDL or XTND XLST, which are required to implement the ``Leave on Server'', ``Maximum Message Size'' or ``Fetch Headers Only'' options. To download your mail, turn off these options in the Server Settings for your mail server in the Account Settings window.

Thanks!! ~Kirch
Peter Creasey

Re: email error

Post by Peter Creasey »

Just go to <edit> <mail and news group settings> then the <server settings> for the email account. Then turn off <Leave on Server> and go get your mail. After you get your mail turn the setting back on and you should be good to go.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
kirch

Post by kirch »

It's now redownloading thousands of emails I already have, what should I do, and thanks that worked to get it going though!
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

kirch wrote:It's now redownloading thousands of emails I already have, what should I do, and thanks that worked to get it going though!
Why it's doing that is a mystery as that has never been the result for me. In my case, it has always just retrieved the pending emails then I reset the prior setting.

Glad you at least can get through now.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
kirch

Post by kirch »

Yep, it's so weird, maybe has to do with the server?

It's actually wanting to download over 17k emails, come to find out it's like 8 duplications of each email. I really don't want that on my local storage!

It's att/yahoo, wonder if I should ask if they'd look into it?

Thanks,, ~Kirch
kirch

Post by kirch »

How about this question: once emails are downloaded, is there a simple way to ask SM to delete all duplicate emails? Thanks! ~Kirch
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You could see if this will work in SeaMonkey -- https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/th ... es/?src=ss
kirch

Post by kirch »

Thanks Dan, I downloaded that and added it to TB. Now with the same exact settings as my SM, password too, TB won't get new messages:
Sending of password for user xxxxxxx@pacbell.net did not succeed. Mail server inbound.att.net responded: Server error - Please try again later.
I'm also guessing there isn't a remove duplicate emails for SM, correct? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by DanRaisch on January 19th, 2021, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Email address obscured per forum rules -- http://forums.mozillazine.org/faq.php?mode=rules#f4r4
kirch

Post by kirch »

Not compatible with SM, does one exist: remove duplicate emails add on?
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

kirch wrote:Not compatible with SM, does one exist: remove duplicate emails add on?
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Please don't post your actual email address in an open forum like this. Scammers/spammers can harvest such data for their own uses.