Since august slow performance after a hour (Mac)

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Impeesa

Since august slow performance after a hour (Mac)

Post by Impeesa »

Dear Follow SM users,

Since summer 2020 I have the strange experience that SM is running slow after an hour / 1,5 hour of working with it
The ram usage is about 2,92 gb ram.

The only add on is add blocker...
with or without it I have the same experience.

Currently I am running an a MBP 2015 model with Catalina,
even since the last update of SM I have the same issues, please advise
Last edited by DanRaisch on February 3rd, 2021, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (Mac) added to subject.
therube

Re: Since august slow performance after a hour (Mac)

Post by therube »

What adblocker?
2.92 GB could be considered a lot.
What is SeaMonkey's CPU usage during these times?
Any particular sites that you visit that seem to negatively affect SeaMonkey at these times?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Impeesa

Post by Impeesa »

cpu usage is minimal, and the beachball is appearing every site, and on the mail part I am typing faster than my shadow
machine3

Post by machine3 »

Mine has been doing that for years. I have memory clean installed and I can watch my ram go from 12gig all the way down to 5 gug available after about 1 hour of using SM steady. I have to quit SM and my ram goes back up instantly and then watch it go down again as I use SM. Nobody has ever been able to help. I only keep using it because I like the mail and browser in same app
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

machine3 wrote:I have memory clean installed and I can watch my ram go from 12gig all the way down to 5 gug available after about 1 hour of using SM steady. I have to quit SM and my ram goes back up instantly and then watch it go down again as I use SM. Nobody has ever been able to help.
Until devs will include some fixes (from newer versions of Firefox) user can do this:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14865896
--
machine3

Post by machine3 »

TPR75 wrote:
machine3 wrote:I have memory clean installed and I can watch my ram go from 12gig all the way down to 5 gug available after about 1 hour of using SM steady. I have to quit SM and my ram goes back up instantly and then watch it go down again as I use SM. Nobody has ever been able to help.
Until devs will include some fixes (from newer versions of Firefox) user can do this:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14865896

Thank You I will give it a try