How to place tabs below in v85.0.2

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ineuw

How to place tabs below in v85.0.2

Post by ineuw »

The generously contributed userTabsOnBottom.css script I was using until now no longer works in v85.0.2. Is there an update or another solution perhaps? Or, my only option is to return to my previous and trouble-free version of 84.0.2?
Firefox 115.0.2 (default install) in Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 64 bit, updated on 2023-07-31 00:05
bob c

Re: How to place tabs below in v85.0.2

Post by bob c »

85.0.1 changed a couple of my user chrome settings, AGAIN! I'll try the 85.0.2, if they mess with the bookmarks or tabs, I'll install my backup, and never install a firefox upgrade again. I am just to fed up every time I upgrade, it looks different. For what we use this browser for, I am not worried about a virus, or security. Let you know if mine change.

Edit. OK, nothing changed when I put 85.0.2 on mine. my tabs, bookmarks, are just as the were. ( I have my main page, above that are tabs, then above that my list across of bookmarks that are there permanently that I use everyday, then search bar with usual stuff, then menu at very top.) They are very thin, they do not take up much space on the page. Like I said, the 85.0.1 , took out my setting to get rid of the big block of grey at the bottom of my show all history and bookmarks page, which is just a duplicate (you crazy people at Mozilla) of what's up on the page already. I want the space back.

If yours changed, go to ghacks.net, firefox and look at what's coming with FF 89. See if you like that.
Ashleyj

Post by Ashleyj »

bob c wrote:If yours changed, go to ghacks.net, firefox and look at what's coming with FF 89. See if you like that.
If that is what Firefox is going to look like when Proton lands I will be NOT updating in the future. As I said in another thread - if I want a browser that looks like Chrome I will just use Chrome.

One of the reasons why I started using Firefox in the first place was it's ease of customisation, but every new release seems to make that harder and harder.

If you have got decent anti-virus software and use a scrip blocker I can't see that the risks of sticking with an old version are going to be that great.
xanthon

Post by xanthon »

My code is still working. I got it about 14 months ago from: https://www.userchrome.org/samples/user ... m_Fx70.css
ineuw

Post by ineuw »

xanthon wrote:My code is still working. I got it about 14 months ago from: https://www.userchrome.org/samples/user ... m_Fx70.css
Much appreciated. I am very curious. In the meanwhile, I posted my unexpected solution to restoring the tab bar to the bottom, in my post http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14886275.
Firefox 115.0.2 (default install) in Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 64 bit, updated on 2023-07-31 00:05