[SOLVED] IP banned, with instructions for ways to login?

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
ineuw

[SOLVED] IP banned, with instructions for ways to login?

Post by ineuw »

This is an unknown area for me. Why did this happen? Just curious, since I followed the instructions and here I am. Is this another mysterious message in the same vein as the length of the word "Mozilla"?
Last edited by ineuw on March 21st, 2021, 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Firefox 115.0.2 (default install) in Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 64 bit, updated on 2023-07-31 00:05
Snake4

Re: IP banned, with instructions for ways to login?

Post by Snake4 »

i been getting it a lot myself but if i refresh the page again i can get into the forum, i just think its " George " acting Dum again
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox
ineuw

Post by ineuw »

Oh, OK. Thanks, I consider the issue solved. Perhaps I should delete all cookies and then log in.
Firefox 115.0.2 (default install) in Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 64 bit, updated on 2023-07-31 00:05
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

ineuw wrote:Oh, OK. Thanks, I consider the issue solved. Perhaps I should delete all cookies and then log in.
that might help but i do delete cookies etc on browser Exit so i dont think it will help
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Clear cookies but also clear the cache.
gregmlang

Post by gregmlang »

Same problem tonight. Says I was banned till a month later. On the page, it did mention a workaround - type "anything", then get into the site. That worked. If this post appears, then the problem will be solved.

It looks like I came to the right category in the forums. Thought it might be a mZ issue; but apparently not. Also see where the Admin is gone; but don't think that's related either. I haven't posted for some time.

This happened to me awhile ago. I couldn't e-mail an org; as their web domain had banned my IP. That might have been related to my computer acquiring malware, and redistributing it. That problem had been cleared up, but I ended up getting the e-mail problem escalated at Microsoft, and they contacted the web blacklister, to whitelist my e-mail account (Hotmail) again. Problem solved - but with a lot of work.

Finally... the real I wanted to get on mZ, was just to check out the Forums, to see if there was a problem with a new version of FF being bug-laden... but that doesn't seem to be the case at all. I still think it's a browser problem, but not that.
"Do computers dream of electric u's?"

The Byrds: "CTA 102"
ineuw

Re: [SOLVED] IP banned, with instructions for ways to login?

Post by ineuw »

As the OP, I marked it solved because it never happened to again.