SeaMonkey and Discord

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
davidb_sk

SeaMonkey and Discord

Post by davidb_sk »

It's not a big deal at all, but I was wondering if there was an "easy" way to get Discord to look any prettier within SeaMonkey. I guess what I'm hoping for is a way to hide the scroll bars at all.

The website functions just fine, so it's not a problem in that regard..
My current rig: Acer Aspire One D257, ALT Linux (Sisyphus x86_64), Window Maker (0.96.0), SeaMonkey (2.53.18.2)
Frank Lion

Re: SeaMonkey and Discord

Post by Frank Lion »

davidb_sk wrote:It's not a big deal at all, but I was wondering if there was an "easy" way to get Discord to look any prettier within SeaMonkey. I guess what I'm hoping for is a way to hide the scroll bars at all..
From your picture, it looks like they are using overflow: scroll there, which shows the scrollbar track whether there is anything to scroll or not (if there was then you'd see the scrollbar 'thumb' as well.)

You'll need to code it site specific in userContent to behave overflow:auto !important; instead. Just get the DOM Inspector on those pages to see what to hit or try using * to hit everything there.

Try something like -

Code: Select all

/*Discord scrolls......*/
@-moz-document domain("discord.com") {
 *  { overflow:auto !important;}}

# See also - https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_pos_overflow.asp
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
davidb_sk

Post by davidb_sk »

Hey, thanks, Frank! I appreciate the tip. I'll see what I can come up with, now that I have a direction. Much appreciate.
My current rig: Acer Aspire One D257, ALT Linux (Sisyphus x86_64), Window Maker (0.96.0), SeaMonkey (2.53.18.2)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

davidb_sk wrote:Hey, thanks, Frank! I appreciate the tip. I'll see what I can come up with, now that I have a direction.
No problem.

Sorry I couldn't do the exact code for you, but you have to be a member to get to the page/s you're showing there.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
davidb_sk

Post by davidb_sk »

Ah. No problem. I really appreciate the help. I did a bit of poking around and I was able to hide the scroll bars with the "hidden" attribute ("auto" had them all over the place :lol: ). So, the site looks better, but I can only scroll using my keyboard's PG UP and PG DWN keys, not the mouse wheel. But, hey, I'm getting closer and am learning a lot about the power of CSS with SeaMonkey!

David.
davidb_sk

Post by davidb_sk »

Looking better already!

Justinh

Post by Justinh »

Frank Lion wrote:You'll need to code it site specific in userContent ...
Frank, where is this "userContent" location to input custom code?
davidb_sk

Post by davidb_sk »

Justinh wrote:Frank, where is this "userContent" location to input custom code?
On my Linux system it's in my user directory under .mozilla/seamonkey/default/chrome/ Must be somewhere similar on a Windows machine.
Justinh

Post by Justinh »

Thanks!
ixander

Post by ixander »

This is the code I use to resolve this issue:

Code: Select all

@-moz-document domain("discord.com") {

div[class^="scroller"],
	div[aria-label="Channels"] {
  	overflow-y: auto !important;
	}
}
This works for the servers list and for the channels list within each server. Unfortunately, the CSS Discord uses to style its scrollbars isn't implemented in SeaMonkey. :(