Tab Mix 0.2 is available 4/18/05

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
MorpheusUK

Post by MorpheusUK »

CPU wrote:in case anyone is interested, i have made this site, it contains the most changes i have done to it, many thanks to onemen for helping me

http://www.gary.elixant.com/tabmix/

again i have alot of free time since im out of school so i just play with it

Hi CPU,

Since you already seem to be going down the TabMix lite/TabMix enhanced route can I raise the old chestnut of loading and saving tabs as per my previous post here. This got mixed reactions last time as some where concerned about the size of the featureset whilst others considered it a logical expansion of existing functionality but since you already have two versions this will not be as much of an issue.

Morpheus
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

Hi again CPU;

I asked a day or so ago about working with Trunk builds, you site seems to now indicate they do..
Can you Confirm Please?
CPU

Post by CPU »

yeh they now work with trunk builds as well as official builds
thanks go out to onemen for fixing it
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051114 Firefox/1.5 - Build ID: 2005111403
onemen

Post by onemen »

MorpheusUK wrote:Hi CPU,

Since you already seem to be going down the TabMix lite/TabMix enhanced route can I raise the old chestnut of loading and saving tabs as per my previous post here. This got mixed reactions last time as some where concerned about the size of the featureset whilst others considered it a logical expansion of existing functionality but since you already have two versions this will not be as much of an issue.

Morpheus

to add full session saver is much more complicated than just play around with some function in existing code.
if u need full session saver support it better to use rue SessionSaver and disable the session restore in tabmix. i can always can copy all rue SessionSaver extension and pack it together with Tabmix, but what is the point ?
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

A request for the per-tab progress bars:

Would it be possible, that instead of using a solid colour for the progress bars, that it could use the system skinned progress bars, and set them half-transparent to the tab background so they don't obscure the tab text?
iwod

Post by iwod »

i remember Tabmix use to praise itslef for making most of the features user want and under 30K. But now it seems to go over 50K already........

Although firefox 2 was suppose to include most of these features by default........
CPU

Post by CPU »

actually the official tab mix has tabmix.jar which is 175kb, mine on the other hand is 58kb

its just how the extension was packed
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051114 Firefox/1.5 - Build ID: 2005111403
onemen

Post by onemen »

cpu the Current One from your site is corrupt zip file.
CPU

Post by CPU »

thanks for the heads up, fixing it in a bit

edit-ok everything is fine
stevietheman

Official developer?

Post by stevietheman »

Pardon me if this has already been answered, but has development for Tab Mix been officially taken over from v0.2.1 going forward? I *really* like this extension, by the way.
Steve Magruder, Web Programmer and New Media Developer
CPU

Post by CPU »

no, supposedly hemiolaSUN found a new person and the project is bein transfered to him but news has come
Lanik

Post by Lanik »

@CPU

Any chance the tab loading icon functionality will be restored?
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Lanik wrote:@CPU

Any chance the tab loading icon functionality will be restored?

As I see, the last version from TabMix available at http://www.gary.elixant.com/tabmix/ has included this solution:
onemen wrote:for Tab Loading icons add this add this to tab.css

Code: Select all

/* display animated Throbber on busy tabs*/
tab[busy] .tab-site-icon, tabs[busy] .tab-site-icon {
  list-style-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/Throbber-small.gif");
  opacity: 0.5;
}

that will brake all themes that don't use Throbber-small.gif as name for their throbbers. A better and "cleaner" way could be changing the content/tabmix/tab/tabmix.xml:

Code: Select all

<!-- for TabX and MouseOverSelectTab
       original codes by Stephen Clavering
       modified by Hemiola SUN -->
  <binding id="browser-tab" display="xul:tab"
      extends="chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbox.xml#tab">
    <content>
       <xul:hbox class="tab-startcap" xbl:inherits="selected"/>  <!-- hack for Charamel Theme -->
 <xul:hbox class="tab-middle box-inherit" xbl:inherits="align,dir,pack,orient,selected" flex="1">
      <xul:hbox class="tab-drag-indicator-left"/>
      <xul:stack class="tab-icon" xbl:inherits="src=image">
        <xul:image class="tab-site-icon" xbl:inherits="validate,src=image"/>
        <xul:image class="tab-protect-icon"/>
        <xul:image class="tab-lock-icon"/>
      </xul:stack>
      <xul:stack class="tab-text-container" flex="1">
        <xul:progressmeter class="tab-progress"
          flex="2"
          mode="normal" value="0"
          xbl:inherits="value=tab-progress"/>
        <xul:label class="tab-text" xbl:inherits="value=label,accesskey,crop,disabled" flex="2"/>
        <xul:hbox>
          <xul:spacer flex="1"/>
          <xul:toolbarbutton class="tabs-closebutton showhover" style="margin: 0; padding: 0"/>
        </xul:hbox>
      </xul:stack>
      <xul:toolbarbutton class="tabs-closebutton always" style="padding: 0"/>
      <xul:hbox class="tab-drag-indicator-right"/>
</xul:hbox>
      <xul:hbox class="tab-endcap" xbl:inherits="selected"/>  <!-- hack for Charamel Theme -->    
    </content>

including the tab-middle hbox.

I already have made this modification by the tabmix version from chob and it works... I guess the updated themes in the future will also have this element to point their throbbers (tab-middle) and this solution will able more flexibility to themers.

Of course there is a problem cause this modification will stop throbber to work with versions 1.0.*. But I guess the tendence for users that use the newest version from TabMix will also use the newest from Firefox.

Thanks
iwod

Post by iwod »

CPU wrote:actually the official tab mix has tabmix.jar which is 175kb, mine on the other hand is 58kb

its just how the extension was packed

yours is 58kb? did your improve it? ( dont understand this bit )

"no, supposedly hemiolaSUN found a new person and the project is bein transfered to him but news has come"

Well he has. but no body stops you to continue his work :D infact he has mention that number of times. And the new maintainer has already stated that he will mainly do bug fix only. No more new features will be added in ( which is a rather good thing , i suppose )
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

iwod wrote:
"no, supposedly hemiolaSUN found a new person and the project is bein transfered to him but news has come"

Well he has. but no body stops you to continue his work :D infact he has mention that number of times. And the new maintainer has already stated that he will mainly do bug fix only. No more new features will be added in ( which is a rather good thing , i suppose )

And who is now the developer???