Now ProtonMail doesn't work

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Wish You Were Here

Now ProtonMail doesn't work

Post by Wish You Were Here »

I get an 'unsupported browser' page which has a link to a useless help page saying SM isn't good enough for them.
DanRaisch

Re: Now ProtonMail doesn't work

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you tried tweaking the User Agent String to see if they are basing that rejection on that?
See if this thread is helpful -- http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14894541
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Wish You Were Here wrote:I get an 'unsupported browser' page which has a link to a useless help page saying SM isn't good enough for them.
I don't.

Both new and old versions of Protonmail are working 'just fine' for me.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Wish You Were Here

DanRaisch wrote:Have you tried tweaking the User Agent String to see if they are basing that rejection on that?
See if this thread is helpful -- http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14894541
I turned off 'advertise for FF' in preferences and deleted the UA string I had. Still nothing.
davidb_sk

Post by davidb_sk »

I don't seem to have any problems with Proton Mail, either. I haven't done anything to SeaMonkey apart from turning off Firefox Compatibility notifications.

My current rig: Acer Aspire One D257, ALT Linux (Sisyphus x86_64), Window Maker (0.96.0), SeaMonkey (2.53.18.2)
Wish You Were Here

^^^ You just posted your email openly.

davidb_sk

Post by davidb_sk »

I've blurred it now, for those concerned, but my email is the same as my forum User I.D. so I didn't feel it to be a big secret. ;)

Anyway, what is your User Agent String set at, under the HTTP Networking heading? Is it set to "Identify as SeaMonkey"?
My current rig: Acer Aspire One D257, ALT Linux (Sisyphus x86_64), Window Maker (0.96.0), SeaMonkey (2.53.18.2)
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

Wish You Were Here wrote:I get an 'unsupported browser' page which has a link to a useless help page saying SM isn't good enough for them.

FWIW, I have no problems with Proton Mail.
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome