Safeway stores(Safewy.com) does not support Seamonkey

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Wish You Were Here

Re: Safeway stores(Safewy.com) does not support Seamonkey

Post by Wish You Were Here »

Since this thread is about a retail store, I'll add biglots.com. Worked fine until the last couple of weeks. They changed something and the menus no longer work, nor can I log in with SM.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Wish You Were Here wrote:Since this thread is about a retail store, I'll add biglots.com. Worked fine until the last couple of weeks. They changed something
Maybe you changed something? Menus all work fine there for me.

You might want to hold off posting about this stuff until you've checked your stuff. After all, it was you who also thought protonmail.com didn't work with SeaMonkey, yet it still works fine for least 2 of us.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Wish You Were Here

More like not changed stuff because I knew stuff would break. Against my better judgement based on a number of threads here, I went ahead and moved to 2.53.x

It seems to have fixed some things, but I' not sure what all it broke. I know it broke AdBlock Plus Element Hiding Helper, which is something I used all the time. And I see a giant caution that I can't go back to 2.49

So, I don't know if I'm further ahead or farther behind until I know if I can get the Element Hider working again.
Wish You Were Here

Session manager add-on doesn't work, doesn't even appear any more.

I had one for managing and reopening closed tabs ... that's gone. I know you can fo it from Tools, but it isn't as convenient.
Buzzrr

Post by Buzzrr »

Wish You Were Here wrote:More like not changed stuff because I knew stuff would break. Against my better judgement based on a number of threads here, I went ahead and moved to 2.53.x

It seems to have fixed some things, but I' not sure what all it broke. I know it broke AdBlock Plus Element Hiding Helper, which is something I used all the time. And I see a giant caution that I can't go back to 2.49

So, I don't know if I'm further ahead or farther behind until I know if I can get the Element Hider working again.
Wish You Were Here wrote:Session manager add-on doesn't work, doesn't even appear any more.

I had one for managing and reopening closed tabs ... that's gone. I know you can fo it from Tools, but it isn't as convenient.
Element Hiding Helper Deprecated since ABP 3.0. Although it might still work with some extensions, it could become obsolete at any time.

So it probably doesn't work any longer. I just tried it on my SM version 2.49.5 and nothing.

By the way I love Session Manager which I couldn't live without! Another most helpful add-on is Quick Passwords.

I'm glad I didn't switch over to 2.53. I have been pondering over it for a long time now, but have wondered if my add-ons would be missing that I rely upon so much.

It happened with Thunderbird as I updated. All of my add-ons got wiped out on that. So from that experience I have been cautious about updating SeaMonkey. As for websites, it doesn't play friendly with some as you have found out. They all want us to upgrade to Google Chrome don't you know! :twisted:
frg

Post by frg »

You can hide out in the past a while longer but 2.49.x becomes useless. We are not trying to break add-ons for 2.53 but some were already broken by mozilla and we need to do some backports for later web features which might break a few more. Usually they can be fixed like session manager:

> Because of security backports which removed obsolete code, Session Manager add-on version 0.8.1.14 or above is required to be compatible with current and future 2.53 releases.
Wish You Were Here

Buzzrr wrote: Element Hiding Helper Deprecated since ABP 3.0. Although it might still work with some extensions, it could become obsolete at any time.

So it probably doesn't work any longer. I just tried it on my SM version 2.49.5 and nothing.

By the way I love Session Manager which I couldn't live without! Another most helpful add-on is Quick Passwords.
EHH works fine for me in 2.49.5 I see a lot of posts where something will work for some people, but not others, even if using the same products or versions.. I have no idea why.

'Session Manager' broke in 2.53.X and I could not find a new version using the AddOn Manager.

'Undo Close' is the other one I use the most. Yes, I know there is a closed tab list, but this is much more user friendly. Couldn't find a new version of that either.

frg wrote:You can hide out in the past a while longer but 2.49.x becomes useless.
I would prefer that the future not abandon the past and become less functional. The future should be a step forward, not backward.
frg

Post by frg »

> 'Session Manager' broke in 2.53.X and I could not find a new version using the AddOn Manager.

You mean 0.8.1.14 didn't work?

https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/se ... n-manager/

> I would prefer that the future not abandon the past and become less functional. The future should be a step forward, not backward.

Software is not a museum and while we try to not break anything this is not guaranteed. Especially not with the limited resources at hand. We need to do backports or we could just call it quits now. And these backports have prerequisites which have prerequisites...

FRG
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

write_again wrote:Another one! Since last month LinkedIn.com shows a --mostly-- blank page with Seamonkey.only.
Before now, linkedin would show a messed up page. Now it won't show a page at all with SeaMonkey.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
LinuxUserSince1991

Post by LinuxUserSince1991 »

Peter Creasey wrote:
write_again wrote:Another one! Since last month LinkedIn.com shows a --mostly-- blank page with Seamonkey.only.
Before now, linkedin would show a messed up page. Now it won't show a page at all with SeaMonkey.
My list of sites that no longer work at all, or no longer work to some degree, is so long it would take hours to write them all down! ](*,)

It's really disheartening to have to keep switching to a different browser, when SM has been my default for decades. :(
therube

Post by therube »

Complain to Safeway.
Call them & do it. They may very well not care.
But guess what, you can also complain with your $$. They will care about that.

(By calling Safeway - corp, I did get some things fixed [not their website] in the local store.)

(I've ranted to Kellogg's [already] & when I get time, I going to call a "Conny" [I'm hoping in executive customer relations, or some such] & let her have it too ;-).)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Aniello

Post by Aniello »

I started a thread on this same subject (see above) not realizing this one was here. Answering some questions, "Yes we can open their wbsite but cannot enter into it". For instance on Franklin Templeton, the website comes up but when one tries to inout their user name and password, it refers one back to the previous page asking for the user name and password. For instance on Tracfone, yes it opens but when one trys to look at "New Phones" it will not allow one to input their existing Tracfone phone number. The same with Albertson' and Ralph's Grocery (divs of Kroeger) All of this started with 2.53.11
Any ideas or suggestions?
trevoz

Post by trevoz »

The solution to all these website problems is to fund SeaMonkey development. I do because I want to be able to continue using SM's all-in-one email/web client, but I gather I'm not in the majority. Instead it seems people love to whinge and complain to the one person "frg" who is actually working on keeping SM alive and releasing updates.

After contacting the Association I have had the financial details for 2017 and 2018 added to the website. The 2019 and 2020 financial details are to also be added in late April (2022). It makes donating much more justifiable to have some transparency.
See: https://www.seamonkey-project.org/association/financial

Donations can be made at: https://www.seamonkey-project.org/donate/

As they say in the classics, "Put your money where your mouth is!" (for anyone who is not a native English speaker: it means to show by your actions and not just your words that you support or believe in something).
LinuxUserSince1991

Post by LinuxUserSince1991 »

trevoz wrote:The solution to all these website problems is to fund SeaMonkey development. I do because I want to be able to continue using SM's all-in-one email/web client, but I gather I'm not in the majority. Instead it seems people love to whinge and complain to the one person "frg" who is actually working on keeping SM alive and releasing updates.

After contacting the Association I have had the financial details for 2017 and 2018 added to the website. The 2019 and 2020 financial details are to also be added in late April (2022). It makes donating much more justifiable to have some transparency.
See: https://www.seamonkey-project.org/association/financial

Donations can be made at: https://www.seamonkey-project.org/donate/

As they say in the classics, "Put your money where your mouth is!" (for anyone who is not a native English speaker: it means to show by your actions and not just your words that you support or believe in something).
I appreciate your point, and I hope it encourages some others to contribute, but don't assume that no one else here is donating money. I do. :)

SM has been my default browser and e-mail client (and, back in the day, newsgroup client, too) since long before it ever became SM. I have mail I've saved, and can still access, dating back decades. I've tweaked the hell out of my browser to make it look and feel and act just the way I want. I don't want to lose this. But I bitch about problems with certain sites because it's a *real* problem, and as the list gets longer and longer, it's starting to look inevitable that I'm going to have to dump SM at some point. I don't want to. It's just reality.