Cannot Set Default Account - Option Is Grayed Out, dlp

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
dlpcap

Cannot Set Default Account - Option Is Grayed Out, dlp

Post by dlpcap »

When I go to Account Settings, Account Actions, the Set As Default option is grayed out.
What to do?
Thanx.
DanRaisch

Re: Cannot Set Default Account - Option Is Grayed Out, dlp

Post by DanRaisch »

For one thing, that option will be grayed out if the account is already the default account.
How many accounts exist in that profile?
What version of Thunderbird? (Please don't say "most recent" as that can be ambiguous.)
dlpcap

Post by dlpcap »

Thanks for responding, Dan
Version 91.3.2.
(I had to remove my pop3 account and re-add account per the aol.com new security configurations going into affect 12/7/21.)
So now I have the one email account, BUT it is at the bottom of the sidebar.
Above it are several local folders.
I'd like to get the email account back to top of the sidebar, with the locals below it again.
I added a second account (gmail) so that I would have 2, but when I try to set the default, on either, both have the default option grayed out....
Have since removed the gmail account, so back to single email account and the locals....

I guess I can live with the single primary account at the bottom, but that's not what I'm used to....

Dennis.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

If you post a screenshot of your account sidebar it would be easier for us to understand what you are experiencing. https://web.archive.org/web/20190929163 ... _the_forum
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

The manually sort folders add-on at https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/th ... rs/?src=ss also lets you change the order of accounts in the folder pane.

"I had to remove my pop3 account and re-add account per the aol.com new security configurations going into affect"

If its anything like the similar situation for Verizon and Yahoo a while ago you really only had to change the authentication to OAuth2.
dlpcap

Post by dlpcap »

Tan:

THANX MUCH for that additional info.
I had created a couple of images to reply to Dan, but will wait.
I think now I want to wait to see if this new AOL security config thing works like they directed.
Will know 12/7/21 or thereabouts.
Then, if necessary, I can try that add-on or maybe the Oauth2 Authentication Method switch.
However – if I switch Authentication Method to Oauth2, re-position the core email where I want it in the sidebar list, then change it back to the original Authentication Method attribute that I have now, maybe that would solve everything...?