Oveflow panel for extensions

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Odin2

Oveflow panel for extensions

Post by Odin2 »

I've noticed that some of my addons do not display their icons in either my addon bar or the overflow panel. Is this normal? If not, hiw can get those icons to dislay?
jscher2000

Re: Oveflow panel for extensions

Post by jscher2000 »

Some add-ons integrate through the right-click context menu or the Add-ons page (Options panel). If you compare the extension's page on the Mozilla Add-ons site, is there supposed to be a toolbar button?

Oh, you also could check:

* Customize panel - https://support.mozilla.org/kb/customiz ... d-toolbars
* If it's a private window, that the extension is allowed to run in private windows - https://support.mozilla.org/kb/extensio ... e-browsing
BobbyPhoenix

Post by BobbyPhoenix »

The icons may be sitting in the "removed" section. Right click on one of the toolbar icons, and click "Customize Toolbar...." at the bottom. If your extension icon you want is in that group just drag it up to where you want it on your toolbar.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
Odin2

Post by Odin2 »

Thanks, jscher. Of course some add-ons don't use or need buttons in the add-on bar. But my recollection is in that case there was always the opportunity to place an icon in the overflow panel, with which I could easly check the extension's options etc. But it's no huge problem. If necessary I can always retrieve any informatopn from about:addons or addons.mozilla.org. Or perhaps the next Firefox update will replace the icons. (I don't use private windows.)
therube

Post by therube »

some of my addons
URLs?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Odin2

Post by Odin2 »

Thanks, Bobby. I've never seen (and don't see now) a "Removed" section in the Customize page.
BobbyPhoenix

Post by BobbyPhoenix »

FF Menu > More Tools > Customize Toolbar - drag and drop to or from Toolbar/Overflow.

It should say this at the top left: Drag your favorite items into the toolbar or overflow menu.
Odin2

Post by Odin2 »

Bobby, I appreciate your attention, but I don't know why you're telling me this. I've used the Customize Toolbar page innumerable times, and store many add-ons' icons in its Overflow section. I've just never seen a "Removed" section. Or perhaps you didn't understand my prior posts.
BobbyPhoenix

Post by BobbyPhoenix »

I misunderstood you. My bad. I was just using the word "removed" since that's how I think of it. I only keep two icons in my toolbar, and the others I "remove" them, and that's where they are found if I need them. I thought you didn't know about that. Sorry again.