How to stop google sign in popups?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
garyreno

How to stop google sign in popups?

Post by garyreno »

How does one to stop annoying google sign in popups? I have read if you log on to google you can go into settings and maybe stop them, but what if you do NOT have a google account or do not want to log in.
siffemoz

Re: How to stop google sign in popups?

Post by siffemoz »

If you're using UBlock Origin, try adding this filter to 'My filters':

||accounts.google.com/gsi/*$xhr,script,3p,important

It's worked for me for quite a while, but didn't catch one the other day so there may have been a change in the popup code.
BoogaHead

Post by BoogaHead »

Adblock plus, no script. Be carefull it breaks stuff. Try another browser like Opera you can have adblock plus for Opera. Comodo dragon? Need to do research. Where is co-rel?
redwolfe_98

Post by redwolfe_98 »

i hear people talk about google signin popups but i don't know what they are seeing.

maybe if they would post a link to a webpage where they see the google signin popups someone could respond? or, maybe if they posted a screenshot of what they are seeing, it would help?

have they tried turning off notifications? try turning off notifications.
find answers at "Mozilla Support":
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox
BoogaHead

Post by BoogaHead »

I have a gmail on opera I used to have a youtube but it got caught up in a mass banning (said some wrong word about covid).
It often asks me to sign in im like derp you banned my account I can't lol
Those blue tips also happen on FF where I am signed in I have gone through all the account settings in google and there is literally nowhere to turn it off.
You could possibly block it with noscript element hider helper but when I try blocking silly things on youtube that popup with that it tends to break everything.
So google basically is telling you we will popup whatever we want when we want and if you don't like it go watch netflix.