Seamonkey 2.53.16 and calendar issue

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
nikos_bo

Seamonkey 2.53.16 and calendar issue

Post by nikos_bo »

Hi all,
I've upgraded SM to 2.53.16, but now calendar I use is not working.
Before upgrade, at SM startup I had to insert credentials for that calendar, now it doesn't happen and if I try to activate it, I don't receive authentication request, events appear for 1 second then they disappear.
Lightning version is 5.8.16
Any idea?
Frank Lion

Re: Seamonkey 2.53.16 and calendar issue

Post by Frank Lion »

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
nikos_bo

Post by nikos_bo »

Frank, I understand, also from http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3109010, that you wrote RN, and I thank you for it.
But do you read anything in it that indicates that Lightning should stop to work?

I read
-Change calendar list tree to a list bug 1561530.
-Various other updates to the calendar code.
Do these notes mean that calendar should work in another way or stop to work at all ?
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

nikos_bo wrote:Do these notes mean that calendar should work in another way or stop to work at all ?
Well, from this - http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14953061 it suggests Lightning does work -
v_v wrote: With Lightbird deleted in version 2.53.16 the Lightning calendar has all of its normal functions---meaning that all of the calendar and events display correctly.
First thing (from that other thread) is for you to make sure you're only running one version of SeaMonkey and when you're on 2.53.16, to try that Lightning about:config procedure shown in the RN. It could be you have the previous version of Lightning stuck somewhere.

We know from the RN that the Lightning code has been changed, even if it has the same version number. So it is important that all the bits match.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
nikos_bo

Post by nikos_bo »

I checked in Error console and it looks problem is related to authentication. Could it be related to the web server auth method, deprecated by SM ?
Data e ora: 02/04/2023, 16.01.12
Errore: runnablePrompter:run: [Exception... "[JavaScript Error: "Services.prompt.promptAuth is not a function" {file: "resource://calendar/modules/utils/calAuthUtils.jsm" line: 113}]'[JavaScript Error: "Services.prompt.promptAuth is not a function" {file: "resource://calendar/modules/utils/calAuthUtils.jsm" line: 113}]' when calling method: [nsIMsgAsyncPromptListener::onPromptStart]" nsresult: "0x80570021 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)" location: "JS frame :: jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files/SeaMonkey/omni.ja!/components/msgAsyncPrompter.js :: _promiseAuthPrompt/< :: line 29" data: yes]

File sorgente: jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files/SeaMonkey/omni.ja!/components/msgAsyncPrompter.js
Errore: TypeError: Services.prompt.promptAuth is not a function
File sorgente: resource://calendar/modules/utils/calAuthUtils.jsm
Riga: 113
Errore: DEPRECATION WARNING: onPromptStart has been replaced by onPromptStartAsync
You may find more details about this deprecation at: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1176399
jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files/SeaMonkey/omni.ja!/components/msgAsyncPrompter.js 27 _promiseAuthPrompt/<
jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files/SeaMonkey/omni.ja!/components/msgAsyncPrompter.js 21 _promiseAuthPrompt
jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files/SeaMonkey/omni.ja!/components/msgAsyncPrompter.js 44 run

File sorgente: resource://gre/modules/Deprecated.jsm
Riga: 77
Riga: 46
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

nikos_bo wrote:I checked in Error console and it looks problem is related to authentication. Could it be related to the web server auth method, deprecated by SM ?
It's important to stay focused and not drift off on tangents, especially when you now know that Lightning is working for other people on 2.53.16.

I suggest you do this -
First thing (from that other thread) is for you to make sure you're only running one version of SeaMonkey and when you're on 2.53.16, to try that Lightning about:config procedure shown in the RN. It could be you have the previous version of Lightning stuck somewhere.
and then, if necessary, create a new test profile, as described in #2 here -

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3062904
frg

Post by frg »

> The Services.prompt.promptAuth error looks fishy. Need to check. Might be a bad backport.
frg

Post by frg »

Well could you probably edit the {e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}.xpi in your extension directory and replace the Services.prompt.promptAuth(... with Services.prompt2.promptAuth(... .
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

frg wrote:Well could you probably edit the {e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}.xpi in your extension directory and replace the Services.prompt.promptAuth(... with Services.prompt2.promptAuth(... .
Lightning is a pre-installed extension, so it'll be in the extension folder of the SM program folder, not in the user profile.
frg

Post by frg »

Yes sorry if being "unclear". Under Windows x64 in: C:\Program Files\SeaMonkey\extensions
frg

Post by frg »

The next 2.53.17b1 pre will contain the fix. I was able to reproduce with a caldav calendar. We are tossing a coin if we should do a 2.53.16.1 but editing the file in the xpi is all what is needed.

FRG
nikos_bo

Post by nikos_bo »

Changement of Services.prompt.promptAuth(... with Services.prompt2.promptAuth(... fixed the problem.
Thanks a lot!