Post extensions that work with Deer Park/Firefox 1.5 HERE

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
BenneJezzerette

Post by BenneJezzerette »

MajereDB8 wrote:BenneJezzerette,

How did you manage ForecastFox 0.78 to work? I bumped the maxversion to 1.1, but I can't get any of the icons to show. The hacked version (0.71) WFM though.

Ria gave me this..
after Editing the install,.rdf to say max.version 1.1+

Go to your Profile Directoy and delete everything excepting the following

DO NOT DELETE THESE
bookmarks.html
user.js
prefs.js
cookies.txt
history
hostperm.1
signons.txt
key3
local store.rdf
chrome directory
extensions directory
ForecastFOX directory
DO NOT DELETE THESE

Then do a restart of Ff a couple times, as the first time it will look plain vanila, then after a try or two it will come up. Only took me two times.
Vista Home Premium 64 AMD 9950 Quad Core + 8GB DDR2 1066 1x500GB 1X750GB Partitioned 1X1TB MSI GTX260 896
Firefox Safe Browsing - Pocomail Safe E-Mail from Script Kitties
True Internet Surfing + E-Mail not Junk
MajereDB8

Post by MajereDB8 »

Still no dice, Firefox leaves a small space in the bar where Forecastfox should be but doesn't load anything. I may just blast my profile and try it again.
Ria

Post by Ria »

MajereDB8 - when you install Forecastfox in 1.0.4 it will also show up in 1.0+.

Sharebird - there are some NC_NS and WEB_NS in the extension. Sorting bookmarks works with and without the Sort Bookmarks extension however.

illegalien - the Compact Menu version in the trunk list WFM: FFnightlyextensions
mugen

Post by mugen »

is there anyway to get tbe working with the lastest deer park build i tried bumping the maxversion to 1.1 but it didnt work.
Ria

Post by Ria »

As stated here, TBE seems to work: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 28#1498828
Have you "cleaned" your profile? Delete everything except:

# bookmarks.html
# user.js
# prefs.js
# cookies.txt
# history.dat
# hostperm.1
# signons.txt
# key3.db
# localstore.rdf
# folder chrome
# folder extensions

Firefox will re-register the extensions on startup.
Philippe-Pierre

Post by Philippe-Pierre »

Hi,
Install New Theme 0.5:
http://www.pryan.org/mozilla/site/TheOneKEA/themer/
works for me on 0527, 28, 29, with maxversion=1.1

EDIT: edited version numbers
Last edited by Philippe-Pierre on May 29th, 2005, 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regards

Philippe-Pierre a.k.a. pierre_h
----
* Dedicated to software which sucks less ... http://suckless.org/
mugen

Post by mugen »

Ria wrote:As stated here, TBE seems to work: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 28#1498828
Have you "cleaned" your profile? Delete everything except:

# bookmarks.html
# user.js
# prefs.js
# cookies.txt
# history.dat
# hostperm.1
# signons.txt
# key3.db
# localstore.rdf
# folder chrome
# folder extensions

Firefox will re-register the extensions on startup.

It re-registered tbe but its not working properly after i close and start again the tab session was broken so i disabled the session save feature closed and started again enabled it again but the same thing happened.
Ria

Post by Ria »

Here's a thread about TBE + trunk: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=267382
mugen

Post by mugen »

ria thanks for your help im trying tabmix out with session saver seems to be working good.
dipa

Post by dipa »

today I tried modified Adblock (adblock-0.5-dev-mod.xpi) and Launchy 4.0.0 (brand new) on Deer Park 20050528, new profile. Both unable to install via any conventional method (extensions manager window or opening from File menu). No reaction from the browser, it was like nothing happened (no messages at all). tried modifying install.rdf, bumping up app.extension.version. Still not working.

Finally, I managed to install them by copying the xpis in the extensions folder. You may consider it a last resort if anything else fails.
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

dipa wrote:today I tried modified Adblock (adblock-0.5-dev-mod.xpi) and Launchy 4.0.0 (brand new) on Deer Park 20050528, new profile. Both unable to install via any conventional method (extensions manager window or opening from File menu). No reaction from the browser, it was like nothing happened (no messages at all). tried modifying install.rdf, bumping up app.extension.version. Still not working.

Finally, I managed to install them by copying the xpis in the extensions folder. You may consider it a last resort if anything else fails.

Did you check "Allow web sites to install software"???

dipa

Post by dipa »

ShareBird wrote:Did you check "Allow web sites to install software"???

Good catch, thanks. Indeed I had it disabled, it may explains the difference with previous days builds. One thing I don't get at all : the extensions I tried to install were stored locally, so why they were treated as web sites? This seems like a bug.
Ria

Post by Ria »

Normally you should see the yellow notifier bar, but I don't see it. Only with a new profile, but for some reason not in my daily one :?
Ria

Post by Ria »

dipa wrote:One thing I don't get at all : the extensions I tried to install were stored locally, so why they were treated as web sites? This seems like a bug.

Yep, that's not logical.
Gideon007

Post by Gideon007 »

CompactMenu that was already enhanced for 1.0+ (at the link given in the first post) doesn't work with the latest nightly.

Linkification 0.920 http://www.beggarchooser.com/firefox/ doesn't work as well now (worked a week ago)

Edit: Both only need max version edited to work.