copy/paste features lost??

Closed Forum
harpua

copy/paste features lost??

Post by harpua »

can't copy or paste any url's using ctrl+c or v?? works fine in other apps but not moz. Any ideas?
Hooded One

Post by Hooded One »

Build info and OS? I'll assume you're on Windows, but it'd still help to know which version specifically you're using.

There's a known bug in Windows that sometimes Cut or Copy commands clear the clipboard instead of cutting/copying, but if you have something in the clipboard, Paste should work fine. Generally Copy will work if you try it a couple of times.

Edit: the bug of which I spoke
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
SuSE Linux 9.2, Kernel 2.6.8, KDE 3.3.2
harpua

Post by harpua »

I'd cut and paste my build info, but ... :)

Windows XP; mozilla version 1.4

thanks for your help. Is it an OS bug or something a virus program could detect?
Hooded One

Post by Hooded One »

Honestly, I don't know if anybody has any idea what's causing this bug. It does seem to be Win2K/XP specific, but that's all that's reasonably certain. I wouldn't worry about anything to do with viruses though...

Try copying text using the context menu several times, and see if it ever works for you. You should probably be able to copy successfully some of the time, because that's what everybody else who's seen this bug reports. If Copy *never* works for you, that might be something entirely different, though I doubt it.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
SuSE Linux 9.2, Kernel 2.6.8, KDE 3.3.2
harpua

Post by harpua »

what's strange is the cut function works, but not copy or paste. And when I cut and paste in any other app. like outlook, ie, etc. it works fine.

I just started using Mozilla a few weeks ago and there's no way I'm switching back, but not being able to cut and paste a url or a body of text is a pretty basic function that is really frustrating.

There just might not be a simple answer and if that's the case, thanks anyway.