Post extensions that work with Deer Park/Firefox 1.5 HERE

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Ria

Post by Ria »

ankh wrote:I tried
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050530 Firefox/1.0+

Clean --starting with no profile, to force everything new, and tried installing RIP again (the stock 1.0.3) and got the same error.

Using OSX, I tried to open the rip.xpi file with a couple of text editors, no luck. I'm guessing 7-zip is probably a Windows app?

I think I'll wait on the official catching-up process.

A normal zip-program will do. XPI is a renamed ZIP. So when you rename it to ZIP you can extract it and repackage it again.
ckjnigel

Post by ckjnigel »

cheesypeanut chose not to divulge that the AdBlock and Deer Park compatible version of Tab Mix is at
http://www.gary.elixant.com/tabmix/ . It turns out to have an ability that Sakura's latest lacked...
When one uses the Greasemonkey auto-login script for MySpace, one gets swept immediately from the login page to one's home page; an attempt to redisplay that subsequently closed tab of the home page using TBE produced only an "Untitled" blank. With TabMix, this works properly.
I am quite surprised that Smoothwheel 0.43.1.20041107 works -- a boon to me since its "Nice and Easy" scrolling option betters more recent algorithms in my setup.
One oddity is that the Firefox modern theme that seemed to work earlier now shows as installed but will not "take." I've switched to Pinball, Ayakawa Rev. for trunk, 0.9.9.3, release 13.
And, that only Weatherfox 0.5.1 would work -- latest Forecastfoxes' claims to compatibility failed here -- is no sadness since that was the best ever. (Glad I keep all my old xpi's !!! )
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Who becomes now developer for official TabMix?? Does someone know?

Silvermel - A Theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
YATT - Yet Another Theme Tutorial
Don't give a man a fish. Teach him how to fish instead.
tomomodel

Post by tomomodel »

ShareBird wrote:Who becomes now developer for official TabMix?? Does someone know?

http://www.gary.elixant.com/tabmix/
Jumbie

Post by Jumbie »

I've just updated to jayfromtaiwan's optimized nightly build (29th May) and two extensions I was using on an earlier version of DeerPark will no longer install.

Open Link In

and

Paste and Go

Any help on possibly hacking these extensions to work with the [almost] latest DeerPark?

Thanks.
Ria

Post by Ria »

ckjnigel - the latest Forecastfox 0.7.8 looks also nice:

Ria

Post by Ria »

Jumbie wrote:I've just updated to jayfromtaiwan's optimized nightly build (29th May) and two extensions I was using on an earlier version of DeerPark will no longer install.

Open Link In

and

Paste and Go

Any help on possibly hacking these extensions to work with the [almost] latest DeerPark?

Thanks.

Have you tried bumping the maxVersion in the install.rdf to 1.1?
Jumbie

Post by Jumbie »

Nope.

I just looked up how to do it though and will give it a try. Having just installed a couple versions of FF (jay's trunk and then stipe's 1.04) I don't much feel like doing it right now.

Will report back in a bit if it works.

Anyway, just to double-check all I'd need to do is change the install.rdf in Paste and Go 0.4.1 from

<em:maxVersion>1.0</em:maxVersion>

to

<em:maxVersion>1.1</em:maxVersion>

Is that correct?
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

Jumbie wrote:Nope.

I just looked up how to do it though and will give it a try. Having just installed a couple versions of FF (jay's trunk and then stipe's 1.04) I don't much feel like doing it right now.

Will report back in a bit if it works.

Anyway, just to double-check all I'd need to do is change the install.rdf in Paste and Go 0.4.1 from

<em:maxVersion>1.0</em:maxVersion>

to

<em:maxVersion>1.1</em:maxVersion>

Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct, however...A few extensions we have found need some other changes to make them work, but that's the 1st place to start, is bump up the MaxVersion.
Jumbie

Post by Jumbie »

Thanks.

I actually went ahead and did it. Happy to report success. Sort of... Paste and Go does not work despite installing. :(

I was also able to get Image_Zoomer_0.2.xpi to work but not ImageZoom which is the one I actually prefer to use. While the latter installs fine (same with previous trunk I was using), it gives an error when loading. Not a big deal.

[edit]

Funny. I decided to try changing the install.rdf to 1.1+ in Paste and Go instead of just 1.1 and now it seems to be working.

I know I'm happy.

[/edit]
mathparent

Post by mathparent »

Ria wrote:mathparent - possibly you only need to bump the maxVersion in the install.rdf.

Thanks, it's working now, but anyway the error messages doesn't help, and a javascript error is not sufficient for an end-user

:)
jtc331

Tab X hack

Post by jtc331 »

I have hacked the Tab X Ultra extension by changing the GUID and version number to support nightly build, it can be found at

http://mysite.verizon.net/jtc331/TabX.xpi
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Everything except Image Toolbar 0.5 on http://www.cusser.net/extensions/ is updated to 1.0+. Image Toolbar users can install version 0.5, but please use my 0.6a instead.
dgrimm1

Post by dgrimm1 »

I have updated some of the extensions on the <a href="http://www.projects1.com/firefox/exthacks/FFnightlyextensions.html"> Extensions hacked for Deer Park Alpha</a> page, as a few of them still had "maxversion" set at 1.0, which wouldn't work after a checkin late last week. All extensions listed there should now work.

At this point, I do not intend to try to host on the list every extension that simply needs its "maxversion" bumped, or contains something like an invalid GUI or version number. I am much more interested in hosting extensions that need some code changes or tweaks to work. I probably would be willing to host fairly popular extensions that need minor changes, for those users that are not comfortable doing that themselves.

Lastly, has anyone tried using the latest session saver (n28 I think) with Deer Park? The one extension I kind of miss, although Tab Mix's "load last tabs at startup" is good enough to get by.
Jumbie

Post by Jumbie »

SessionSaver 0.2.1.027 [hacked] is working for me with Deer Park 20050529 (jayfromtaiwan's optimized build). Dunno how recent of a nightly you're referring to. On a previous version of DP, it seemed to load blank tabs a lot with FocusLastSelectedTab (FLST) installed. Didn't install it this time round and so far so good.

The one extension I can't get to work is ImageZoom 0.1.7 http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.ph ... 27&hl=zoom

Anyone care to try and hack that one? I can't do much more than bump maxversion :)