Tab Mix 0.2 is available 4/18/05

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
logixoul

Post by logixoul »

ShareBird wrote:
iwod wrote:
"no, supposedly hemiolaSUN found a new person and the project is bein transfered to him but news has come"

Well he has. but no body stops you to continue his work :D infact he has mention that number of times. And the new maintainer has already stated that he will mainly do bug fix only. No more new features will be added in ( which is a rather good thing , i suppose )

And who is now the developer???

Yes, I'd like to know, too :er: .
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

I will declare the first person who can solve my advanced options bug the developer :)

I would like to use the "Force to open in new tab: Links to other sites" option in Tab Mix, however, it doesn't do anything when set. Other sites continue to load in the current tab. Help?
CPU

Post by CPU »

well there are several things that could stop this, but the thing that comes closest to mind is if the link has a target attribute and you have the option to load target links in current tab

another thing would be extensions that are involve in links, ex:linkification
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051114 Firefox/1.5 - Build ID: 2005111403
Defenestration

Post by Defenestration »

CPU wrote:another thing would be extensions that are involve in links, ex:linkification

I use both TabMix and Linkification and have Tabmix set up to load links which relate to other sites in a new background tab.

When I click on a link (that refers to another site) which has been Linkification'd then TabMix opens the link in both a new background tab as well as the current tab.

Why is the link also being opened in the current tab ? Is this a bug in TabMix ?
CPU

Post by CPU »

oh i had this problem too. in linkification, uncheck the option to suppress http referers, that should fix it up

i was working as a work around but its a linkification problem because of the way its set up to handle the referers
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051114 Firefox/1.5 - Build ID: 2005111403
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

Hrm... TabMix Plus 2.2 has a lot of issues... (no offense)

1) When I installed it into the current Nightly Build the default number perferences like Undoclose Number and TabSelect Delay and the Tab Min and Max Width seems to be missing in the Tab Mix Perfernces windows but it shows in the about:config perferences correctly. Possibly the extension is not reading the default perferences correctly?

Note: If I make changes on the first page and then click ok. Every box that has a number entry turns to zero except Tab Min and Max Widths. (weird)

2) When I tell it to put the Tab X button on all of the tabs it never saves the perference. I worked around that by going through about:config but as soon as I open up the Tab Mix Plus perferences it overwrites the perference to the default no tab x button. Funny enough the option to have a tab X button when you hover on the tab works. :( (I don't use that option.)

Is there some way to fix this?

Note: I checked this on a blank profile on Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050601 Firefox/1.0+ ID:2005060117

Thanks
~Ieremiou~
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

CPU wrote:well there are several things that could stop this, but the thing that comes closest to mind is if the link has a target attribute and you have the option to load target links in current tab

So there's no way of having all links "open in current tab, unless from another site"? I kind of assumed the target attribute became irrevevant when you set target links to open in the current tab, and the "new tab for new site" option just forced new tabs on it's own.

Perhaps those advanced options should be greyed out when you have target links set like that, in that case.
CPU

Post by CPU »

@ieremiou
thanks for finding out the bugs, ill try to sort it out

edit-ok that tabx problem was my fault, i was messing with it but it should be fixed, just download it again. also i dont know why its not taking in the delays. i think its cause i added more prefences and the ordering is messed up. anyways ill fix that later since its a minor detail

btw if anyone wants to start a new thread, be my guest
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

Thanks for the quick fix Gary, that was a bloody annoying bug. :-D.
Now onto the the Tab Mix Plus only thread
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210
tastywheat

Post by tastywheat »

Is anyone else experiencing a bug where, if you set the left tab to gain the focus after a tab is closed, the focus jumps left twice? So if I had the tabs [A][B][C][D][E][F] open in that order, and I closed [E] I would be focused on [C]. If I then closed [C] I would be focused on [A]. Are there some conflicted settings? Does Tab Mix Plus have this problem?
CPU

Post by CPU »

look at ur focus when ur closing, it has an option to which tab to go to after u close the current one
wysocki

Post by wysocki »

Just replaced all my tab extensions with Tab Mix and I'm very pleased with it. Only thing I wish it had now was a way to highlight the background color of the current tab.
CPU

Post by CPU »

i havent tried it but maybe this coudl do it

Code: Select all

tab[selected="true"] {
 background-color: color !important;
}
tastywheat

Post by tastywheat »

I guess that means that I'm the only one having that problem? I've tried several settings and it always skips two tabs to the left. I don't believe it's supposed to behave like that no matter what the setting.
onemen

Post by onemen »

tastywheat wrote:I guess that means that I'm the only one having that problem? I've tried several settings and it always skips two tabs to the left. I don't believe it's supposed to behave like that no matter what the setting.

what other extendion do you have ?