Firefox/Profile Manager won't work. Please help!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Firefox/Profile Manager won't work. Please help!

Post by Guest »

Firefox won't start, so I tried to create a new profile but that wouldn't load either, and when I went to uninstall Firefox a message popped up that said "uninstall log folder not found". Can anybody help? I would really appreciate it!
LeRoi

Post by LeRoi »

How did you try to access the profile manager? Did you end tasks of all firefox.exe processes first?

Create a new profile

Since you have attempted to uninstall Firefox, it might be best to try to finish the job. I would recommend installing the same version of Firefox "over the top" of your installation, reboot and try to uninstall. End tasks of any firefox.exe processes (if present) from the processes tab of your task manager before uninstalling.

Before uninstalling and deleting the app and profile directories, you might want to back up important or irreplaceable data from your Firefox profile folder(s):

Back up important files housed in the profile folder (copy and paste to another location):

Windows XP: Show Hidden Program or System Files

Locate your profile folder

Backing up your profile

Making a partial backup

Restoring your browsing data

Post by Guest »

I tried to access the profile manager two ways: by going on the start menu (but after clicking on it it wouldn't load) and by going to run:firefox.exe -profilemanager, but the only thing that came up was a screen that said "tite="&windowtitle.label;".

I tried installing 1.0.4 version and it kept stalling at the "downloading components" part and eventaully an error message came up.

Also, in the Application Data/User area there was no folder for Mozilla at all, but I'm pretty sure I had seen it a few days ago.