Post your userFiles!

Discuss application theming and theme development.
ghingy

Post by ghingy »

Hi guys,

Earlier I was messing around with the userchrome, trying to change the way the browser looks but I later noticed that I no longer have the live-bookmark RSS icon in the status bar. When i bring my mouse across the statusbar, I can see the Live bookmark tooltip but not the icon.

Can someone please tell me how I can get this icon back. lol...i feel like a knob asking such a silly question:) Thanks anyway!
The website said IE5 or better. So I installed Firefox.
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

Code: Select all

#livemark-button { display: none !important; }

Perhaps you added this code at some point. I don't know if changing it to 'true' or just deleting it will bring it back since I don't use RSS.
Old Greg S

Post by Old Greg S »

bozz wrote:

Perhaps you added this code at some point. I don't know if changing it to 'true' or just deleting it will bring it back since I don't use RSS.

This makes it appear for me if it helps any

#livemark-button {
   display: -moz-box !important; }
Old Greg S

Post by Old Greg S »

Now I have question that is unrelated but maybe someone("bozz")lol can answer me. I was playing aronund with DomI and noticed that in a bookmarks properties window in DomI that there are two tabs Schedule and Notify that don't show up when using bookmarks properties without DomI. Anyone with any info as to why?
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

maybe someone("bozz")lol can answer me

rlmao....could be residues/leftovers from the suite that haven't been cleaned out yet. :?:
Old Greg S

Post by Old Greg S »

bozz wrote:
maybe someone("bozz")lol can answer me

rlmao....could be residues/leftovers from the suite that haven't been cleaned out yet. :?:

Did you open it up in DomI and see what I'm talking about? Look like some nice options in there!
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

Did you open it up in DomI and see what I'm talking about? Look like some nice options in there!

I'll check it out. I'm tied up right now(pm's) helping someone to change backgrounds in Thunderbird.
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Greg S wrote:Now I have question that is unrelated but maybe someone("bozz")lol can answer me. I was playing aronund with DomI and noticed that in a bookmarks properties window in DomI that there are two tabs Schedule and Notify that don't show up when using bookmarks properties without DomI. Anyone with any info as to why?

Wow!!! Really nice options. They are at browser.jar in browser/content/browser/bookmarks/bookmarksProperties.xul and bookmarksProperties.js.

Maybe is there a hidden pref to enable those options??

Old Greg S

Post by Old Greg S »

ShareBird wrote:
Greg S wrote:Now I have question that is unrelated but maybe someone("bozz")lol can answer me. I was playing aronund with DomI and noticed that in a bookmarks properties window in DomI that there are two tabs Schedule and Notify that don't show up when using bookmarks properties without DomI. Anyone with any info as to why?

Wow!!! Really nice options. They are at browser.jar in browser/content/browser/bookmarks/bookmarksProperties.xul and bookmarksProperties.js.

I briefly looked in there but didn't see any reference that stood out. I also briefly looked at preferential site to see if there was something there but got side-tracked with some other options.
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Greg S wrote:I briefly looked in there but didn't see any reference that stood out. I also briefly looked at preferential site to see if there was something there but got side-tracked with some other options.

Hehehe... Easy to happen...

I can imagine an extension could easily point to these options...

ghingy

Post by ghingy »

Greg S wrote:
bozz wrote:

This makes it appear for me if it helps any

#livemark-button {
   display: -moz-box !important; }

I managed to get the icon back. This is what I did:

#livemark-button {
list-style-image:
url("file:///C:/page-livemarks.png");/*none;*/
-moz-image-region: rect(16px 16px 32px 0px);
padding-left :2px;
width: 19px;
/*display: none;*/
}

#livemark-button[livemarks] {
-moz-image-region: rect(0px 16px 16px 0px);
display: -moz-box;
}
The website said IE5 or better. So I installed Firefox.
Demon-Machine

Post by Demon-Machine »

/* Extension Background Image */
#extensionsView[state="extensions"] {
   -moz-appearance: none !important;
   background-image: url("extensionbg.png") !important; }

I got that from Greg S and I could not manage to get it working. On the other hand, I did manage to change the theme background image using the following:

/* Theme Background Image */
#extensionsView[state="themes"] {
   background-image: url("themebg.png") !important; }

By the way, thanks for posting all this info. I was able to completely change my Firefox appearance just by using some of the examples posted here, and modifying them to my needs. The only thing that won't work is that background for the extensions. If you guys have any advice I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Old Greg S

Post by Old Greg S »

ShareBird wrote:

I'm sure you know you can un-hide them in the .js you mention above. I did and they appeared. It's says they were disabled for some bug in 1.0. I reckon one could make a test profile and play with it and see if it works or not.
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

It doesn't, because the underlying bugs in the bookmarks system haven't been fixed since then, and nobody's working on them, since there's a consensus that this functionality is best left to an extension. A few days ago, the left over "Info" tab has thus also been removed in the nightlies.
"I'll be dead after I die. I was dead before I was born. Life is a break from death." - Hlynur, 101 Reykjavík
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

Demon-Machine wrote:

/* Extension Background Image */
#extensionsView[state="extensions"] {
   background-image: url("extensionbg.png") !important; }

I got that from Greg S and I could not manage to get it working.

The code works for me, however it is very light as compared to other areas that I use the same background image.

This code works but loses the background for a 'selected' extension.

#extensionsView vbox {
   background-image: url("file:///C:/_Mozilla/Firefox/Backgrds/green3.jpg") !important; }

Just thought of something. I'm using the EMbuttons extension. Are you guys using this?