The Official Win32 20050608 [Trunk] build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
thenightfly42

Post by thenightfly42 »

mossop wrote:Other browsers aren't the only other test case. Look at file property pages with multiple tabs, IE's options, in fact anywhere on windows that I can find tabs, they change on mouse down.

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. However, after considering it, I still disagree. If I'm in Word, viewing a multi-tabbed Options page, I don't expect to be able to drag-and-drop the tabs, nor do I expect to be able to create new tabs or close existing tabs. I think that they are entirely different beasts.

Can anyone find an extension, another browser, or even another program that allows tabs to be created and dragged, that focuses the way today's Firefox build does? TabMix? TBE? That thing that puts a tabbed interface into Internet Explorer (can't remember the name)?
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Beast is on fire, which is a shame as I'm waiting for a build so I can test the results of my first patch to be checked in (Bug 179845 - Support dragging a link onto the New Tab / New Window toolbar button).
polidobj
Location: Maryland USA - im in ur tinderbox, crashtesting ur firefox

Post by polidobj »

I just was looking at that checkin. Congrats. And Ben S seems to be on the bustage so you won't wait long.
Brian J Polidoro - Today's bugs brought to you by Raid. :P
Windows7 - Firefox user since ~Feb 2002
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Pacifica and Prometheus just went up in flames too... disco inferno. I'm sure Ben will sort it out in no time, though.
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

thenightfly42 wrote:Can anyone find an extension, another browser, or even another program that allows tabs to be created and dragged, that focuses the way today's Firefox build does? TabMix? TBE? That thing that puts a tabbed interface into Internet Explorer (can't remember the name)?

Excel
mw22

Post by mw22 »

Cusser wrote:Beast is on fire, which is a shame as I'm waiting for a build so I can test the results of my first patch to be checked in (Bug 179845 - Support dragging a link onto the New Tab / New Window toolbar button).

That's a nice patch. I've seen a extension for this function before, so that one will not be necessary anymore.
polidobj

Post by polidobj »

Dang I found the problem I'm having with tab dragging. I found out that it's AIO gestures that causes the problem. I'm going to notify the ext author.
vertigo451

Post by vertigo451 »

Cusser wrote:Beast is on fire, which is a shame as I'm waiting for a build so I can test the results of my first patch to be checked in (Bug 179845 - Support dragging a link onto the New Tab / New Window toolbar button).

Thanks for the patch Cusser. It looks like tabs will be a major feature focus for 1.1 (esp. with reordering and the option to force links).
Ria

Post by Ria »

polidobj wrote:Dang I found the problem I'm having with tab dragging. I found out that it's AIO gestures that causes the problem. I'm going to notify the ext author.

Hm, I tried 0.15.2 this afternoon and it seemed to work fine with tabdragging.
But I didn't change the options.
Andreasm82

Post by Andreasm82 »

CANCEL Button under Software Update doesn't work in this build
(Help -> Software Update)
Greets, Andreas
My german energy-saving page - let's stop wasting of energy!
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Andreasm82 wrote:CANCEL Button under Software Update doesn't work in this build
(Help -> Software Update)

Probably not worth reporting yet. A lot of software update stuff isn't going to work right now.
polidobj

Post by polidobj »

Ria wrote:
polidobj wrote:Dang I found the problem I'm having with tab dragging. I found out that it's AIO gestures that causes the problem. I'm going to notify the ext author.

Hmmm when I ran my old profile in safe mode, the problem was gone. And with a new profile with just AIO I see the problem. You need to change tabs after a drag to see it.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050607 Firefox/1.0+ ID:2005060707
Ria

Post by Ria »

polidobj wrote:
Ria wrote:

Hmmm when I ran my old profile in safe mode, the problem was gone. And with a new profile with just AIO I see the problem. You need to change tabs after a drag to see it.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050607 Firefox/1.0+ ID:2005060707

Ha funny, I can drag all tabs to every place :) (and they stay there)
Ria

Post by Ria »

I do see something weird: the tabs don't belong to the pages anymore.
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

I was seeing that same thing Ria, even disabling TabMix did not correct, no did resetting all the tabmix pref's and restarting.

Only a new profile corrected the tabs not moving or changing.

I fear this is going to get ugly if users have previously installed extensions for tabs, or AIO, and maybe another extension or two...I've lost track of what the Drag&Drop addition broke.