HeaderTools ( for TB ) ver 0.6.0 available

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
ExDeus

Post by ExDeus »

Pgr wrote:I'm having a problem with this extension...

I had a previous version installed. I uninstalled it, restarted TB, installed the new version, restarted TB.

Now I have TWO menu entries for "Change Header Details". Both of them immediately crash TB and prompt me to send error reports to Microsoft and to the Mozilla Quality Feedback Agent... :-(

Any suggestions? I was really looking forward to trying this...

Thanks

I'm having the same issue. I had version 0.1.8a installed (never tried using it), so I downloaded the latest version from http://www.supportware.net/mozilla/HeaderTools.xpi. The website (http://www.supportware.net/mozilla/#ext15) says it's version 0.1.9, but the install.js file inside the .xpi file and TB both show version 0.4.0. I installed the new version of the extension (stupidly, without uninstalling the previous version --- I've gotten so used to the ease of Firefox updates) and started having the issue.

I highlight a message in the list, open the Tools menu, and two "Change Header Details" are displayed. Selecting either entry crashes the TB .exe itself, with the following details:

AppName: thunde~1.exe AppVer: 1.0.2.0 ModName: thunde~1.exe
ModVer: 1.0.2.0 Offset: 001c5ab5

So I uninstalled the extension in TB. I deleted the "{72C9D014-F94A-4f1a-8FD4-6F160DFE143B}" folder in my profile folder, the XUL.mfl file, as well as any references to "hdrtools" in \extensions\Extensions.rdf, chrome\chrome.rdf, and prefs.js.

I reinstalled the extension and have the same symptoms. Any ideas?
Last edited by ExDeus on June 16th, 2005, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phlogistical Ornithologist
Firefox 2.0.0.4
Thunderbird 2.0.0.4
Old Ausdilecce

Post by Old Ausdilecce »

You must still have an old version of that extension hanging around somewhere..

Do a search of your profile's chrome folder for hdrtools.*
ExDeus

Post by ExDeus »

ausdilecce wrote:You must still have an old version of that extension hanging around somewhere..

Do a search of your profile's chrome folder for hdrtools.*

I went through the process again:
  • Uninstalled in TB.
  • Searched the profile folder and subfolders using TextPad and found one instance of "hdrtools" / "*hdrtools*" / "hdrtools.*":

<RDF:li RDF:resource="urn:mozilla:locale:en-US:hdrtools"/> in chrome\chrome.rdf.
  • Deleted the reference and saved the file.
  • Deleted the empty {72C9D014-F94A-4f1a-8FD4-6F160DFE143B} folder.
  • Deleted the XUL.mfl file.
  • Restarted TB and verified a clean start.
  • Shut down and restarted TB.
  • Went to Tools menu | Extensions...
  • Clicked the Install button and selected the HeaderTools.xpi file.
  • Verified the extension appeared on the extensions list.
  • Shut down and restarted TB.
  • Selected a message from the message list.
  • Went to Tools menu | Change Header Details
  • Got the same error and TB crashed.
  • Restarted TB.
  • Selected a different message from the message list.
  • Went to the other Tools menu | Change Header Details option, right below the first one.
  • Got the same error and crashed TB.
Firefox 2.0.0.4
Thunderbird 2.0.0.4
Old Ausdilecce

Post by Old Ausdilecce »

How odd is that !

Have you tried downloading a new copy of the xpi ?

I have used TextPad in the past and have noticed that it sometimes 'misses' on searches...

Can you do another search of hdrtools using textPad now that the extension is installed and tell me what files ( in chrome ) this string appears in AND how many times per file ( I will match against what I have )
ExDeus

Post by ExDeus »

Using TextPad's "Find In Files" feature I found the following results for "hdrtools" in files "*" in my profile folder (conditions: text, no match whole words, no match case, no regular expression, search subfolders, no binary files).

9 occurrences in XUL.mfl

9 occurrences in chrome\chrome.rdf:
chrome\chrome.rdf(35): <RDF:li RDF:resource="urn:mozilla:package:hdrtools"/>
chrome\chrome.rdf(102): <RDF:li RDF:resource="urn:mozilla:locale:en-US:hdrtools"/>
chrome\chrome.rdf(326): <RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:mozilla:package:hdrtools"
chrome\chrome.rdf(327): c:baseURL="jar:file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/xxx/Application%20Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/default
/xxx.xxx/extensions/%7B72C9D014-F94A-4f1a-8FD4-6F160DFE143B%7D/chrome/hdrtools.jar!/content/hdrtools/"
chrome\chrome.rdf(333): c:name="hdrtools"
chrome\chrome.rdf(335): c:settingsURL="chrome://hdrtools/content/settings.xul" />
chrome\chrome.rdf(366): <RDF:Description RDF:about="urn:mozilla:locale:en-US:hdrtools"
chrome\chrome.rdf(368): c:baseURL="jar:file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/xxx/Application%20Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/default
/xxx.xxx/extensions/%7B72C9D014-F94A-4f1a-8FD4-6F160DFE143B%7D/chrome/hdrtools.jar!/locale/en-US/hdrtools/">
chrome\chrome.rdf(369): <c:package RDF:resource="urn:mozilla:package:hdrtools"/>

1 occurrence in ...\overlays.rdf:
chrome\overlayinfo\messenger\content\overlays.rdf(8): <RDF:li>chrome://hdrtools/content/hdrtools.xul</RDF:li>

1 occurrence in Extensions.rdf:
extensions\Extensions.rdf(76): em:optionsURL="chrome://hdrtools/content/settings.xul">

4 occurrences in ...\install.rdf:
extensions\{72C9D014-F94A-4f1a-8FD4-6F160DFE143B}\install.rdf(14): <em:optionsURL>chrome://hdrtools/content/settings.xul</em:optionsURL>
extensions\{72C9D014-F94A-4f1a-8FD4-6F160DFE143B}\install.rdf(17): <Description about="urn:mozilla:extension:file:hdrtools.jar">
extensions\{72C9D014-F94A-4f1a-8FD4-6F160DFE143B}\install.rdf(18): <em:package>content/hdrtools/</em:package>
extensions\{72C9D014-F94A-4f1a-8FD4-6F160DFE143B}\install.rdf(19): <em:locale>locale/en-US/hdrtools/</em:locale>

9 occurrances in ...\hdrtools.jar

2 occurrences in ...\uninstall\Uninstall:
extensions\{72C9D014-F94A-4f1a-8FD4-6F160DFE143B}\uninstall\Uninstall(1): add C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\default\xxx.xxx\extensions\{72C9D014-F94A-4f1a-8FD4-6F160DFE143B}\chrome\hdrtools.jar
extensions\{72C9D014-F94A-4f1a-8FD4-6F160DFE143B}\uninstall\Uninstall(3): register profile package hdrtools

Thanks for your help!
Firefox 2.0.0.4
Thunderbird 2.0.0.4
Old Ausdilecce

Post by Old Ausdilecce »

Everything looks right except for

2 occurrences in ...\uninstall\Uninstall:
extensions\{72C9D014-F94A-4f1a-8FD4-6F160DFE143B}\uninstall\Uninstall(1): add C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\default\xxx.xxx\extensions\{72C9D014-F94A-4f1a-8FD4-6F160DFE143B}\chrome\hdrtools.jar
extensions\{72C9D014-F94A-4f1a-8FD4-6F160DFE143B}\uninstall\Uninstall(3): register profile package hdrtools

I don't have these at all ( could not even find an uninstall folder ).. Odd
can you remove that file or edit it somehow ( grasping at straws here )

Have you added those prefs mentioned on the last page ?
ExDeus

Post by ExDeus »

ausdilecce wrote:*snip*

Have you added those prefs mentioned on the last page ?

I didn't read all of the last thread in the other forum word for word, and when I didn't see anything specific mentioned I didn't read all the way through the last posts. I added the "user_pref("hdrtools.headers.order", ""); pref and it worked... sorry for going through the same steps again. Perhaps this pref can be added to the prefs.js file along with the others when the prefs dialog for the extension is opened the first time? Or better yet, on installation?

As for the double Tools menu entries --- they're still there. Both open the same dialog correctly.
Firefox 2.0.0.4
Thunderbird 2.0.0.4
Old Ausdilecce

Post by Old Ausdilecce »

I had uploaded a new version of the extension that sets default values for those prefs... ( on Jun 14th )..

Ohh well..

Funny bout the double entries in the tools menu...
( what header view are you using .. view..headers all or normal ? is the normal one collapsed toi one line ? )

OOPS sorry..

Saw the bug.. fixed it

Only shows two 'Change Header Details' if you have a one line message header ( above the message pane )

Will upload the fix shortly
EDIT: fix uploaded to site as ver 0.4.1
asp3232

Post by asp3232 »

Hi Frank,

A previous version of this extension had an option for setting the date of a message to the received date (for messages with corrupt or non-existent date fields). Is there a way to get back that functionality? (I just got a message dated June 17, 2017!)

Also, how would we search on the new headers (i.e. categories)? I couldn't find an option to search the headers for anything specific (and I'm guessing we wouldn't want to have it set up to search the whole body, right?)

Thanks again for a great extension!
riowong

Post by riowong »

I've just removed all extensions and installed only SendTool 0.4.0 and HeaderTool 0.4.1. SendTool's 'send unsent message' is not working, while HeaderTool crashes TB at once. I'm using TB v1.0.2.
asp3232

Post by asp3232 »

I was unable to get HeaderTools 0.4 to work until I added the line:

user_pref("hdrtools.headers.order", "");

to my prefs.js file. Then all worked fine... Have you tried this?
riowong

Post by riowong »

Wonderful, it works now! Thank you asp3232.
AmirG

Post by AmirG »

Would've been great for messages with the wrong encoding, if I could just get it to work; whenever I try to use this extension, TB crashes.

TB 1.02, XP sp1, the only other extension I've got installed is BiDi Mail UI ( http://bidiui.mozdev.org/mail ).
riowong

Post by riowong »

Have you checked if there's error message from Java Console?
Worldseye

Post by Worldseye »

AmirG,

Are you using the latest version of the extension?.. (v0.4.1 I believe)

Have you checked to see if the preference:
user_pref("hdrtools.headers.order", "");
is in your prefs.js file?

If you say yes to both of those, then it might be a new problem...
Dan