OLD NoScript 1.1.4, bookmarks and places friendly

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
jcat00uk

Post by jcat00uk »

im having the same problem, even if i disable the extension it still don't work...only removing the extension will get it working
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

jcat00uk wrote:im having the same problem, even if i disable the extension it still don't work...only removing the extension will get it working

Yesterday I announced this Firefox bug causing this problem had been fixed.

It looks like they had some trouble checking in it the patch, though, hence one day delay has occurred.
It should be in CVS now:
Bugzilla bug 296764 wrote:https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=296764

------- Additional Comments From bugmail sicking.cc 2005-06-30 12:10 PDT -------
Ok, everything should be checked in now. Waiting with marking this fixed until
everything has cycled green

So expect it in next nightlies...
johnlgalt

Post by johnlgalt »

Giorgio,

Congrats on all your hard work with FlashGot, NoScript and the bug fixes. Keep up the good work.
jcat00uk

Post by jcat00uk »

So expect it in next nightlies...

thanx alot great work on the extension
myrdd1n

Post by myrdd1n »

Is there any way to simplify usage/maintainance when noscript is used alongside with flashblock,greasemonkey etc? I'm using noscript on a trial basis and find it very hard to maintain because you need to whitelist every site just so flashblock etc. would work . Would adding regular expression support to noscript's whitelist allow user based javascript(flashblock, greasemonkey scripts etc) to pass through. Im hoping there is some reg exp to let the flashblock, greasemonkey scripts to go through without the need to whitelisting every single site via noscript?

I did read your reply about the bugs and security issue so guess i'm outta luck for now ?
naddude

Post by naddude »

Giorgio:

Great extension but still occasional crashes when switching permissions (even with auto reload disabled). Still I am waiting for 1.05 and hope that fixes.

Cheers
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

naddude wrote:Giorgio:

Great extension but still occasional crashes when switching permissions (even with auto reload disabled). Still I am waiting for 1.05 and hope that fixes.

Cheers

Naddude, which browser version are you using exactly?
Please paste your user-agent as you see it in the Firefox "About" box...

Thank you :)
naddude

Post by naddude »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050511 Firefox/1.0.4

Thank you!
:)
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

naddude wrote:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050511 Firefox/1.0.4

Thank you!
:)

Well, it's quite obvious the crash bug is still there. I've fixed it yesterday! :D
Hence, fixed Firefox versions are those with a build number higher than 20050630...

If you're brave enough, you can grab one of these (pre-release, not guaranteed) builds:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/

"Trunk" stands for main development tree (1.0+), currently known as Deer Park and leading to Fx 1.1
"Aviary" is the branch leading to Fx 1.0.5.

If you're not in the mood for beta testing, instead, you may want to wait for "official" Fx 1.0.5 release ;)
Last edited by Giorgio Maone on July 1st, 2005, 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

I wouldn't go about recomending Deer Park, as anyone who has serious problems would have even more serious problems trying to go back to 1.0.x
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

TychoQuad wrote:I wouldn't go about recomending Deer Park, as anyone who has serious problems would have even more serious problems trying to go back to 1.0.x

Agree.
It's worth to stress that nightly builds, as well as Deer Park alphas, are developer tools not for end-user.
If you don't consider yourself a "geek", stay with official versions (wait for Fx 1.0.5 final release to have this fix).
naddude

Post by naddude »

Thanks again Giorgio:

I have the beta version but will wait a bit. Last time I installed 1.04 beta many extensions failed. Right now I can use yours but am careful with deactivating auto reload (when allowing scripts) or when changing status. I very much appreciate your extension. An absolute necessity (unfortunately) along with anti virus and antispyware programs. So thanks for your hard work and intellect.

Ciao from Canada!

PS any idea when 1.05 final will be out?
Or what the changes will be?
paulfox

This is just Fantastic

Post by paulfox »

Intuitive, easy, well written, no slowdown in FX opening despite 58k size -- NoScript 1.0.9 just rocks - it's been intalled less than 5 minutes and I found only three sites in all my bookmarks that needed to be "protected." Just excellent!!
Last edited by paulfox on July 2nd, 2005, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CdBee

Agreed

Post by CdBee »

Been using it for a week now, it only caused one crash in all that time. This one's a keeper...
hiyel

NoScript icon

Post by hiyel »

Hi,

I have a question about the colors of the icon and what they represent.

What I understand from the features page is that, if there is not any script on a webpage then the S of the icon will be white. But that's not the case I think:

For example I see the blue S with the red strip on a page and when I hover on the icon it says zero script. Well if there is zero script on that page shouldn't the icon be white?

And on the feature page I see that there is an icon with white S and the red strip. If white S means no script, then what's the red strip for, what does NoScript blocking and showing me the red stip?

Obviously I am missing something here :-)

Thanks