Print only selected frame?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
foxist

Print only selected frame?

Post by foxist »

I recently started using Windows XP (SP2) and I have a problem with printing. In the Print window all the three "Print frames" options are grayed out. And wasn't there an option to select these settings in the Print preview window too (in Win98SE)? Is this a printer driver problem or what? I'm using the default driver that XP automatically correctly selected for my printer (Canon BJC-210), the manufacturer don't seem to have XP compatible driver for download on their site.

I know I can print only one frame by selecting "This frame > Show only this frame" from the right-click menu but it would be easier to select that from the print options.

Re: Print only selected frame?

Post by Guest »

foxist wrote:I recently started using Windows XP (SP2) and I have a problem with printing. In the Print window all the three "Print frames" options are grayed out.

Select some text in the frame you want to print, and then the print frame options are available.
foxist

Post by foxist »

Anonymous wrote:Select some text in the frame you want to print, and then the print frame options are available.

Nope, selecting some text doesn't seem to help... :(
foxist

Post by foxist »

Ah, I see now, there seem to be some sites where that function doesn't seem to work...don't know why but it seems to be site-related problem rather than Firefox?
volga89

Post by volga89 »

Anonymous wrote:
foxist wrote:I recently started using Windows XP (SP2) and I have a problem with printing. In the Print window all the three "Print frames" options are grayed out.

Select some text in the frame you want to print, and then the print frame options are available.

This thread was very helpful. I've struggled with the same problem. Previous releases of Mozilla behaved beautifully, but 1.07 is not doing what I expect. This may be due to XP issues.

How can I get Mozilla to default to "as laid out on the screen" ?

When I go to chrome://global/locale/printdialog.properties this is what I get:

extend=true
PrintFrames=Print Frames
Aslaid=As &laid out on the screen
selectedframe=The selected &frame
Eachframe=&Each frame separately
options=Options

I know extend=true makes the frames section appear. Can I alter one of the following tags to make Mozilla default to "as laid out"? If so, where do I find this file?

Ben