untitled tab everytime i open firefox?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
sphwhat316

untitled tab everytime i open firefox?

Post by sphwhat316 »

everytime i open firefox i get a untiltled tab but my other tabs ill open too that i been on other sites but this paticular tab "untitled" wont go away i tried many options but to no avial i have tab mix is there a prob with that? any help please.....thanks for reading

ps it wasnt doing it before
sphwhat316

Post by sphwhat316 »

any help?
evan5000

Re: untitled tab everytime i open firefox?

Post by evan5000 »

sphwhat316 wrote:everytime i open firefox i get a untiltled tab but my other tabs ill open too that i been on other sites but this paticular tab "untitled" wont go away i tried many options but to no avial i have tab mix is there a prob with that? any help please.....thanks for reading

ps it wasnt doing it before

I don't understand what you mean by untitled? Do you mean that whe you open a new tab it's blank or it literally says untitled somewhere? you need to also include what version of Firefox your using and what OS so we can better understand your situation.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.9) Gecko/20050707 Firefox/1.0.5
sphwhat316

Post by sphwhat316 »

i have the newest firefox 1.0.4 i have windows xp

everytime i open firefox the untitled tab show up with no site on it,yet my other page i been on still be on there with no prob but its the untitled tab everytime i open firefox
evan5000

Post by evan5000 »

sphwhat316 wrote:i have the newest firefox 1.0.4 i have windows xp

everytime i open firefox the untitled tab show up with no site on it,yet my other page i been on still be on there with no prob but its the untitled tab everytime i open firefox

Are u using any extensions which might affect your tabbing?

My guess is that there is no problem at all. If your using FF without extensions, then that's what FF should do. However, if you would like to change that, I'd highly recommend Tabrowser Preference. Once you install it, it gives Tab browsing its own tab in the options menu, where you can tweak the tab feature.

I hope that helps
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.9) Gecko/20050707 Firefox/1.0.5
OlGranDad

Post by OlGranDad »

Try going to Tools ->Options ->Advanced
Under "Tabbed Browising", check the box next to "Hide the tab bar when only one website is open".
evan5000

Post by evan5000 »

OlGranDad wrote:Try going to Tools ->Options ->Advanced
Under "Tabbed Browising", check the box next to "Hide the tab bar when only one website is open".

I'm confused. Is the guest compaining about the existence of the tab bar when only one tab is present, or the appearance of a newly-opened tab?
sphwhat316

Post by sphwhat316 »

when only one tab is present when i open firefox every time
bigblue56

Post by bigblue56 »

Having a similar problem. Sometimes I surf the net with multiple tabs open, and all of a sudden everything will stop loading and if I refresh or make a new tab, it says "Untitled" on each tab.

It will stop after a few minutes sometimes, but most times requires a computer reboot to get reconnected. Its very frustrating.

Any ideas?
Hannahmg

Post by Hannahmg »

I have exactly the same problem - its so frustrating it seems to loose the connection and just stops and then comes up untitled and then I have to re start my computer !!!
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

bigblue56 and hannahmg,
You are replying to an elderly thread (2005). Locking. Please start a new thread fully describing the problem.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."