some tab clicks not working in 1.0.5

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
Carbito

some tab clicks not working in 1.0.5

Post by Carbito »

I just installed 1.0.5 and now when I click a link using the scroll wheel it does not open that link in a new tab. THe scroll click would work normally on some links but on other links (ie. http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum.cfm ) it does not do anything when I click a link with the scroll button.

I have now reverted back to 1.0.4 and everything is working fine again. Has anyone else experienced this with 1.0.5 or know what is going on?
Last edited by Carbito on July 13th, 2005, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davebo

Post by Davebo »

I'm seeing the same behaviour...
Xcape

Post by Xcape »

I get the message that the page cannot be found. :|

I'm having a different tab thing happen to me, it's only happened once so maybe it wont happen again. I'll be browsing on several different tabs and then a few of the tabs wont close at all, not matter what you do .. even kick them, not really, but they wont close.. so I have to restart my browser.

Has anyone else had this problem with 1.0.5?
^_^
Davebo

Post by Davebo »

I discovered that disabling or uninstalling the Single Window extension solved this problem - for me at least...
Quasi Qubit

Post by Quasi Qubit »

As of 1.0.5 middle-clicking image links does not work.

Text links still open in a new tab.
Carbito

Post by Carbito »

Quasi Qubit wrote:As of 1.0.5 middle-clicking image links does not work.

Is that by design or is it a bug?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Davebo wrote:I discovered that disabling or uninstalling the Single Window extension solved this problem - for me at least...

Thanks for that. Looks like it has done the same for me.
You can't see me.
Carbito

Post by Carbito »

Davebo wrote:I discovered that disabling or uninstalling the Single Window extension solved this problem - for me at least...

I disabled the extension Tabbrowser Prefrences 1.2.7.1 (which I use) in hopes that it would fix the problem in the same way but to no effect.
desmat

Post by desmat »

Mike wrote:

Thanks for that. Looks like it has done the same for me.

I don't have this extension but got the same problem. As mentioned by Carbito, is it by design or a bug ?

Thanks!
shimq1

Post by shimq1 »

I got the same problem after upgrading to Firefox 1.0.5. Now, right clicking the link and selecting "Open Link in New Tab" doesn't work either.
dornmor

Post by dornmor »

Same here. After installing 1.05 last night, middle clicking would not work at all (opening links, closing tabs, etc.). Today middle clicking will not work with only a few links so far. Penny-Arcade.com is one example. Any of the tabs at the top (Latest Comic for instance) will not open in a new tab. CTRL+left click also does not work. Right clicking on a tab and selecting open in new tab does work.

Extensions installed:
Chrom edit 0.1.1.1
download sort 2.5
adblock v.5 d2* nightly 39
image zoom 0.1.7
disable targets for download 1.0
super dragandgo 0.2.4d1
miniT .5
undoclosetab 20041125.5
All-in-one gestures .15.2
down them all 0.9.4

XP machine. Installed 1.05 over 1.04

****For me, download sort was causing the problem. Uninstalled and saw there was a newer version (2.5.2). Installed that and everything seems to be working fine now
Mike

Post by Mike »

It seems like this is mainly an issue with extension compatability (based on my experience and others in this thread). For all I know, this may be the intended feature.

Anyways, the best way to determine if it is an extension issue would be to disable all extensions and check to see if the middle click works again. If it does, then enable each extension one at a time, until it stops working. This will allow you to pinpoint the extension that is causing the problem.

Otherwise, testing in a clean profile would also be a good idea.
You can't see me.
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Old kimlover

Trouble with 1.0.5

Post by Old kimlover »

I have had similar problems with 1.0.5 and has to revert back to 1.0.4 I have heard there is a conflict with Roboform. Are you people using Roboorm? If so, they should have a fix/patch soon.

I hope this is true.
Kimlover (Joel)
jkrumerman@Gmail.com
Old kimlover

Trouble with 1.0.5

Post by Old kimlover »

I have had similar problems with 1.0.5 and has to revert back to 1.0.4 I have heard there is a conflict with Roboform. Are you people using Roboorm? If so, they should have a fix/patch soon.

I hope this is true.
Kimlover (Joel)
jkrumerman@Gmail.com