Blank messages

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
JSS3rd

Blank messages

Post by JSS3rd »

Every time I open Tbird, there are two blank messages, date/timed 12/31/1969 7:00 in the inbox folder. If I delete them, then close the window and reopen it, there they are. If I DON'T delete them, there they are ... just two, no more, no less.

I don't know when this started, but I believe it was with the 6-11 build.
Jim
64-bit Win7 Pro SP1, 64-bit PM (Pale Moon) 27.8.2, 64-bit FF 59.0.2, 32-bit TB 52.7.0
JSS3rd

Post by JSS3rd »

I'm now using the 06-18 build, and am still getting these same two blank messages, date/timed 12/31/1969 7:00, whenever I open the Tbird inbox, and I mean every time. I can delete them, open another folder, come right back to the inbox, and they're there again.

Interestingly enough, even though the trash folder count indicates that they have been moved there, only one appears in the folder. This is bizarre!
Jim
64-bit Win7 Pro SP1, 64-bit PM (Pale Moon) 27.8.2, 64-bit FF 59.0.2, 32-bit TB 52.7.0
steeef

Post by steeef »

I've got the same problem, and as far as I can tell, it hasn't been resolved. Even with the latest build:

Mozilla Thunderbird 0.2a (20030813) Windows XP SP1
Killjay

Post by Killjay »

I do not have your issue, but it is nearly identical to issues seen in the old Netscape Navigator and Communicator suites.

The fis was to delete the message summary file, .msf in the case of Mozilla products. It will be regenerated on the nest startup. The index can corrupt and when that happens you get messaes that will not delete aand boxes that will not condense.
Killjay
Tower, request takeoff clearance, branch 3.0
Thunderbird cleared for takeoff, flyby @ mach 3.0b3 authorized
stonent

Post by stonent »

I just installed Thunderbird and all my e-mails are blank. I've even e-mailed myself to check and it just comes up as blank messages. I deleted the .msf But it did not help.

I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird 0.2a (20030817) compiled by Gentoo Linux
stonent

Post by stonent »

I can get them to display if I print-preview or hit reply but that's it.
steeef

Post by steeef »

Killjay wrote:I do not have your issue, but it is nearly identical to issues seen in the old Netscape Navigator and Communicator suites.

The fis was to delete the message summary file, .msf in the case of Mozilla products. It will be regenerated on the nest startup. The index can corrupt and when that happens you get messaes that will not delete aand boxes that will not condense.

No dice. Still have a blank message showing up, and I deleted all .msf files.
apswartz

Post by apswartz »

Alan Swartz
sweikert

Post by sweikert »

FYI, I'm seeing this behavior in 1.0. And I've narrowed it down a bit - on my end, it's only happening in one mail account, which is the first one I created when I got the app, not sure if that's significant - and every time I fire up TB, the blank 12/31/1969 email appears in my "junk" folder for that account (whether it's appearing in the inbox first and then bouncing immediately to junk, or appearing in junk in the first place, I don't know - it's too quick to see).

If I open and close TB repeatedly, then every time I've opened it, I've got a new bogus email in "junk". Open/close 5 times, 5 bogus emails.
sweikert

Post by sweikert »

Actually my above message is slightly wrong. The bogus emails don't come when I open TB - they come each time TB automatically checks that account for emails. As TB was checking the email account when it was opened, that's why the mistake.