Trusted sites or Local Intranet

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
a_bit_slow

Trusted sites or Local Intranet

Post by a_bit_slow »

I have just crossed over to FF and it is great

The problem that I have is that a page with in my network seems not to work in FF. It is a server 2003 admin page the error I get is:

To access the Web site, you must enable client-side scripting. Some functions on the Web site work properly only if ActiveX controls and file downloading are enabled.

If you are using Internet Explorer, you might be able to enable these features by adding the Web site to the Trusted Sites or Local Intranet security zone, depending on how these zones are configured. For more information about security zones and settings, see Internet Explorer Help.

To add this Web site to the Trusted Sites or Local Intranet security zone:

1. In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2. Click the Security tab, click Trusted sites or Local Intranet, and then click Sites.
3. In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type the Internet address of the Web site you want to add to this zone, and then click Add

Any help with this would be great.

cheers in advanced
Zodder

Post by Zodder »

You require active-x for those admin pages, thus you cannot use FireFox for it. Use IE for all MS pages and FF for everything else. I use the ieview extension to make that a much easier situation.
scratch

Post by scratch »

there are several active-x plugins available for firefox. one of these may enable you to use these pages. just be aware that active-x support is a security risk.
a_bit_slow

Post by a_bit_slow »

Thanks for the help guys
rtmjr50

Post by rtmjr50 »

scratch wrote:there are several active-x plugins available for firefox. one of these may enable you to use these pages. just be aware that active-x support is a security risk.

the activex plugin works only with WMP 9/10 .... if site is using activex or other IE ONLY coding then you will need to use IE at the site

read: Guide: It works in IE but not in Firefox ....WHY????
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 96#1208596

also

Complete Embedded Quicktime/Real/Windows Media Player Guide for Windows Users. http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206216

later, Richard
Rule #1: My computer is always right, the human is always the problem .. RULE #2: See Rule #1
using Win XP/SP2 (home) FF1.5.0.9 FF2.0.0.1 FF3a1 Tbird1.5.0.9 ==> Press for More Answers <==
No colours in sig please.