The Official 2005-07-23 builds

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Old Unghost

The Official 2005-07-23 builds

Post by Old Unghost »

The Official Thunderbird ... builds are out" - RSS feed

IRC channel: #Thunderbird

The Official 2005-07-23 Trunk builds are OUT

Win EXE Installer, Win MSI Installer, Win Zip, Linux and Mac.

Red is not yet out at the editing time of this thread.
Green is out at the editing time of this thread.

The latest Alpha release is Thunderbird 1.1a2 - What's New in Thunderbird 1.1a2
The latest Stable release is Thunderbird 1.0.6 (Do not use Thunderbird 1.0.6 with a 1.0+ profile !!)

The latest nightly general directories: Official Trunk (en-US builds) || Official Trunk (localized builds) || Official Branch (en-US builds)
Third party builds: Unofficial Branch/Trunk
Hourly Trunk builds: PATROCLES Tinderbox builds for Win32 || CRAZYHORSE Tinderbox builds for Linux || TRITON Tinderbox builds for MacOS X || Trunk Tinderbox || Bonsai

These are changes between 2005-07-22 and 2005-07-23
Both fixes for Core (Mailnews), Toolkit and Thunderbird are included

If you find problems/bugs:
  1. Post them in this thread
  2. Properly describe the problem
  3. Include the url where you have the problem (if this is the case)
  4. copy your useragent+buildtime to clipboard, use the extension Build ID Copier
  5. Installer build or .zip version?
  6. Does a new profile fix the problem?
  7. Include the list of extensions you have installed (preferably none to start with)

This makes it a lot easier for others to duplicate your problem.

Fixes: OS in []
  1. #301700 [Thunderbird] Properties and Write buttons are disabled in Advanced search [Win]

Patched, but not completely fixed:
    None

Regressions/confirmed/annoying bugs:
    All OS
  1. #116692Define official Mozilla LDAP schema extension (targeted for 1.8a3/+)
  2. #206219Background color for HTML messages is forced
  3. #234466Syntax highlighting is broke for view source
  4. #262408POP3 mail duplicates with Leave Messages on Server - Only on one account from 3!
  5. #278612Thunderbird can nuke local folder contents when you move them around (?)
  6. #286655deleting or detaching attachment from POP+IMAP message duplicates the message
  7. #297956 extensions or themes installed in Thunderbird 1.0.x don't appear on 1st launch of trunk build (-)
  8. #301084 Option to file replies in folder of original message (patch)

Windows
  1. #223909copy and paste windows clipboard images (targeted for 1.1)
  2. #228649Unable to download mail from pop3 server caused by junk email
  3. #239264Intermittent Unsent Messages Will Not Send (targeted for 1.1)
  4. #253268add message read , junk status to search results window (-)
  5. #263345Remote images not blocked when forwarding mail (inline) or replying (+)
  6. #272328New Mail Notification Icon remains in Task Bar until manual "get new mail" (-)
  7. #285076XUL Template Builder isn't working with Dynamic overlays (patch) (+)
  8. #290451IMAP Saved Search folders will break when using a & in the name

Linux
  1. #243701Thunderbird freezes / crashes after inactivity
  2. #250374thunderbird starts up to a blank/empty screen
  3. #298737unread newsgroup counts disappear after a short time

MacOSX
  1. #300827Toolbar icons showing up in menu items on Mac OS X (targeted for 1.1)

Thunderbird 1.5 bugstatus for ALL operating systems: (=day of last update)
Bugs nominated for blocking Thunderbird 1.5 =2 ( 2 )
Bugs confirmed for blocking Thunderbird 1.5 =3 ( 3 )
Bugs verified targeted for Thunderbird 1.1 and 1.5 =45 ( 44 )
Bugs targeted for 1.1 and 1.5 and FIXED =192 ( 192 )

(backup valuable info in your your profile if you're a daily tester)

This is attempt to clone the Mad Maks fixlist on the Thunderbird Builds page.
Original idea - Ale and Peter(6).
All credit goes to Ale, Mad Maks and Peter(6) and me ;-).
Regressions/confirmed/annoying bugs list design by Diorser
All credit goes to Diorser ;-)
LeReveur

Reply w/Template still has 3 serious bugs

Post by LeReveur »

I'm worried since the number of outstanding bugs is getting low that the "Reply with Template" filter action is going out with the following 3 bugs:
  1. The Reply-to field from the original message is completely ignored.
  2. If the template is in plain text format, ThunderBird gets an SMTP error every time.
  3. If the template is in HTML format and has either an email address or a website address in the body, the email that gets sent doesn't look like the template. Instead the message is missing at least part of the template body.

Here's the template I have created both in plain text format and HTML format:

Code: Select all

Hi-

Thank you for your recent order.

Your order has been received, and your item will be shipped within 24 hours. If you have any questions about your order, please contact us at: me@mydomain.com

If you believe we have offered you honest service, please consider leaving us a feedback of 5 stars on Amazon when this item arrives. You can do this under your "My Account" tab on Amazon.com. And please be sure to rate our level of customer service, not the delivery speed of the Post Office (for feedback to the US Post Office, please call 1-800-ASK-USPS).

Thanks again,
Me
www.mydomain.com

P.S. As always, a portion of the proceeds from this sale will go to feed hungry children through the America's Second Harvest program.

Here is the mangled HTML that gets sent:

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
  <meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  <title></title>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
Hi-
<br>
<br>
Thank you for your recent order.
<br>
<br>
Your order has been received, and your item will be shipped within 24
hours. If you have any questions about your order, please contact us
at: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
 ef="http://www.mydomain.com">www.mydomain.com</a>
<br>
<br>
P.S. As always, a portion of the proceeds from this sale will go to
feed hungry children through the America's Second Harvest program.
<br>
</body>
</html>

I've completely uninstalled TB, including deleting all related folders. Then installed the latest nightly as indicated below.

--
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050723 Thunderbird/1.0+ ID:2005072306
JoeS

Re: Reply w/Template still has 3 serious bugs

Post by JoeS »

lereveur wrote:I'm worried since the number of outstanding bugs is getting low that the "Reply with Template" filter action is going out with the following 3 bugs:
  2. If the template is in plain text format, ThunderBird gets an SMTP error every time.
  3. If the template is in HTML format and has either an email address or a website address in the body, the email that gets sent doesn't look like the template. Instead the message is missing at least part of the template body.

I am interested in this but mainly for it's useability for a UI 'reply with template' for newgroup HTML replies.
I don't know much about filter setups, but if you care to post a howto I will tinker and comment on your observations in the bug.
(I assume you are Ed)
JoeS Testing current Thunderbird trunk builds WinXP SP2+
news://news.mozilla.org.mozilla.test.multimedia How to Post
LeReveur

Post by LeReveur »

JoeS wrote:
lereveur wrote:I'm worried since the number of outstanding bugs is getting low that the "Reply with Template" filter action is going out with the following 3 bugs:

I am interested in this but mainly for it's useability for a UI 'reply with template' for newgroup HTML replies.
I don't know much about filter setups, but if you care to post a howto I will tinker and comment on your observations in the bug.
(I assume you are Ed)

Yes, my name is Ed.

I'll try to describe the details necessary to create the "Reply with Template" filter action as well as how to create the respective template formats. I'm assuming that I'm creating the templates correctly. If any assumption is incorrect, please let me know. I wouldn't have to create a plain text formatted template if the message didn't get mangled.

*** Note that I simply pasted in the message body from a text file. There is no HTML tags in the text file. Thunderbird automatically converts the email address and the web address into HTML links (<A> tags).

*** Note also that I have anti-virus software that automatically checks all outgoing email. Perhaps, somehow this software is causing the HTML to be mangled. I'm using the newest free version of AVG from grisoft.

To duplicate bug 1 from my original post (in quoted section above), send an email message to the account which has the "Reply with Template" filter active. In the email message headers, make sure you set a "Reply-To:" email address.

How to create a plain text formatted template:
  1. In the account settings ("Tools"/"Account Settings"), go to the "Composition & Addressing" section.
    1. Make sure that the "Compose messages in HTML format" option is turned off (check box is empty (no checkmark)).
    2. Click the "Ok" button.
  2. Start a new message.
  3. Fill in the subject line for the template. Since the "Reply with Template" filter action uses the subject to select the message, this is required. Also make sure you use a different subject for each template you create. It will take precendence over the subject in the original message. (Thunderbird includes the original subject even though this may not always be desirable.)
  4. Fill out the body of the template.
  5. From the menus, select "File"/"Save as"/"Template". The new template will be saved in whichever location you chose for templates to be stored (see the "Copies & Folders" section of "Account Settings"). The default location is in a folder called "Templates" for that account.
  6. Close the message.
How to create an HTML formatted template:
  1. In the account settings ("Tools"/"Account Settings"), go to the "Composition & Addressing" section.
    1. Make sure that the "Compose messages in HTML format" option is turned on (check box is filled in with a checkmark).
    2. Click the "Ok" button.
  2. Start a new message.
  3. Fill in the subject line for the template. Since the "Reply with Template" filter action uses the subject to select the message, this is required. Also make sure you use a different subject for each template you create. It will take precendence over the subject in the original message. (Thunderbird includes the original subject even though this may not always be desirable.)
  4. Fill out the body of the template.
  5. From the menus, select "File"/"Save as"/"Template". The new template will be saved in whichever location you chose for templates to be stored (see the "Copies & Folders" section of "Account Settings"). The default location is in a folder called "Templates" for that account.
  6. Close the message.
How to create a 'Reply with Template' filter:
  1. From menus, select "Tools"/"Message Filters..." The Message Filters dialog appears.
  2. In the drop down next to "Filters for", choose the account you want to use for the filters.
  3. Click the "New" button.
  4. Give the filter a name. Preferably a name that will help you remember what the filter is doing.
  5. Define the criteria that causes the filter to run.
    1. Choose whether you want to match all criteria or any criteria. (I think you would usually want to select "Match all of the following." If you have only one criterium, then it doesn't matter.)
    2. In the first drop down, choose which part of the email will be searched.
    3. In the second drop down, choose how the chosen email part will be searched.
    4. In the text box, enter the characters you want to find.
    5. If you have a second criterium, click the "+" button and repeat the previous 3 steps.
  6. In the "Perform actions" box:
    1. Place a checkmark next to "Reply with Template."
    2. In the drop down next to "Reply with Template," choose the template that you created.
  7. Click the "Ok" button.
  8. Close the Message Filters dialog.

Hope this helps! :)

-Ed B
-Ed B

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008060309 Firefox/3.0
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

lereveur wrote:
JoeS wrote:
  2. If the template is in HTML format and has either an email address or a website address in the body, the email that gets sent doesn't look like the template. Instead the message is missing at least part of the template body.

(I assume you are Ed)

Yes, my name is Ed.

See comments in the original bug and spinoff bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=302123
JoeS Testing current Thunderbird trunk builds WinXP SP2+
news://news.mozilla.org.mozilla.test.multimedia How to Post