File Upload Size Limit

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jtrick

File Upload Size Limit

Post by jtrick »

Hello,

I have been scouring the web for what I had thought was going to be a really simple question: How do I increase the file size limit for http-based uploads in Firefox? I tried to email a 2.4M ogg vorbis file using a web-based email interface and got the following Firefox error message: 'There was a problem with the file upload. The file may have been larger than the maximum allowed size (2 MB).' I looked through the source code for the webmail interface and didn't see a limit specified there, can someone help me? I must be missing something here because I have found almost nothing on this topic. Thank you for any assistance anyone may have to offer.

jtrick
TigerMan

Post by TigerMan »

Which email service are you using? it's most likely a limit which they set and not Firefox
Do less, Live longer

Post by Guest »

The limit is set by the mail-provider (server-side), not by Firefox.

I looked through the source code for the webmail interface and didn't see a limit specified there

No. You looked at the generated HTML, not at the PHP-source.
jtrick

Post by jtrick »

BTW, the webmail interface is generated by the Horde Internet Messaging Program if that helps.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:The limit is set by the mail-provider (server-side), not by Firefox.

I looked through the source code for the webmail interface and didn't see a limit specified there

No. You looked at the generated HTML, not at the PHP-source.

Right, I meant the page source.

Post by Guest »

Wow, thank you for the extremely fast responses. I'll try from that angle. Is there any kind of limit in Firefox for file uploads at all?
Unarmed

Post by Unarmed »

Not as such, no.

Post by Guest »

Thanks again. Sorry for the misunderstanding.