MozillaZine

"Save as" crashes FF

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
infernux

Post Posted July 27th, 2005, 9:22 am

Using latest Deer Park builds on Linux, Firefox crashes as soon as I make it display the gtk filechooser. I'm using latest unstable gtk... is this known to break Firefox? Anyone seen this before? Fixes? Thx in advance

infernux

Post Posted August 1st, 2005, 5:27 am

So I finally found out what was to do... Deer Park builds with the outdated internal cairo don't get along with the newest GTK+ and its version of cairo...

Yek

Post Posted August 2nd, 2005, 8:13 am

A couple questions: Are you also having crashes when clicking on other dialog box buttons? I and many rawhide(fedora) users that're using the last months worth of deerpark builds are having this problem. See the following bug:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/sh ... ?id=163692

Just because I decided at first to bugzilla it in fedora doesn't mean it actually has anything to do with fedora. It was just my first thought.

I also, as did you, notice the new-to-me ./configure choices of enable/disable-system-cairo and am now trying it both ways. It's the one default I can't figure out or see just from doing an "about:buildconfig". If I enable it, I can't see that it went out and did a 'pkg-config cairo --libs --cflags' in the config.log file. I also get back the info that it's using the system libcairo** when I don't include any cairo option by using $pmap -x pid{firefox-bin}.

How did you come to the conclusion that it builds with the 'internal cairo'? Just curious. Anyway, I'm trying a build of each flavor right now (enable-system-cairo and disable-system-cairo) and trying to figure out if it ever looks at that flag unless the unusable flag --**toolkit**=cairo-gtk2 is used too.

Thanks.

Yek

Post Posted August 2nd, 2005, 8:16 am

Forgot to ask a couple more things:

- Which linux distro are you using
- Are you making your own builds?
- if so, what's the .mozconfig
- if not, where are you getting the builds?
- did you actually find an answer to your problem?

and anyone else having problems with clicking buttons in various dialog boxes causing crashes, feel free to comment.

Return to Firefox Bugs