[Fx/SM] djeter: [Win32] Optimized Builds

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
StyleWarz

Post by StyleWarz »

djeter wrote:Mozilla 1.7.11 Build Update:
I'm downloading the source now, so it'll probably this afternoon before my builds are done and uploaded. I will make browser-only builds for this release as well. My next set of trunk browser-only builds will include DOMi.

Will you make a browser-only and a suit build of 1.7.11 please?
I don't think you trust, in, my,
Self-righteous suicide,
I, cry, when angels deserve to die
storm119

Post by storm119 »

stipe wrote:
karlo wrote:But SeaMonkey dosen't have a open links in background tab feature... hmm.... Firefox has it.. and the fast back thingy in Firefox, SeaMonkey dosen't have it.

If I remember correctly, it does have the open in background tab feature and the fast back.
Check the about:config :D

Yup! Stipe correct.

1). Open in background go to >> Edit >> Preferences >> Navigator >> Tabbed Browsing >> Tab Display (on top) >> uncheck " select new tabs opened from link".

2). By default SeaMonkey/Firefox enable the BFcache feature, try change to

Code: Select all

//Additional For Trunk Build started 1.8b2 
user_pref("browser.sessionhistory.max_viewers", 5); // Default 10
user_pref("browser.sessionhistory.max_entries", 10); // default 50

Hope this help ;)
karlo

Post by karlo »

storm119 wrote:
stipe wrote:
karlo wrote:But SeaMonkey dosen't have a open links in background tab feature... hmm.... Firefox has it.. and the fast back thingy in Firefox, SeaMonkey dosen't have it.

If I remember correctly, it does have the open in background tab feature and the fast back.
Check the about:config :D

Yup! Stipe correct.

1). Open in background go to >> Edit >> Preferences >> Navigator >> Tabbed Browsing >> Tab Display (on top) >> uncheck " select new tabs opened from link".

2). By default SeaMonkey/Firefox enable the BFcache feature, try change to

//Additional For Trunk Build started 1.8b2 
user_pref("browser.sessionhistory.max_viewers", 5); // Default 10
user_pref("browser.sessionhistory.max_entries", 10); // default 50

Hope this help ;)
Thanks! Where did you get that tweak by the way?
storm119

Post by storm119 »

Eeerrrr...not sure about that. I guess somewhere sometimes in this forum and elsewhere....where,ehh? :-k . Plus with some experimental/testing and modification too.

Anyway, i'm glad i could help you. ;)
karlo

Post by karlo »

storm119 wrote:Eeerrrr...not sure about that. I guess somewhere sometimes in this forum and elsewhere....where,ehh? :-k . Plus with some experimental/testing and modification too.

Anyway, i'm glad i could help you. ;)
Thanks! by the way, any new releases of builds?
djeter

Post by djeter »

I should have some new builds out probably tomorrow. Today I've got to go take care of a few errands. I'll try to get a set of Firefox and SeaMonkey builds out for tomorrow though.

Update: I wasn't able to get everything done I needed to yesterday, so I won't have any builds out today, and tomorrow I'll be out of town for a little bit, so it'll more than likely be Wednesday when I get builds out now. As long as nothing else comes up between now and then, I should be able to get these builds out then.
Mozilla/5.0 ( Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4pre ) Gecko/20090403 SeaMonkey/2.0b1pre (djeter)
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

Any chance of a full Seamonkey suite build ?
(I use composer and mail)

Many thanks for your most excellent builds ;-)

Cheers
Johnny5
kingsparrow

Post by kingsparrow »

I miss a new seamonkey?
djeter

Post by djeter »

The last little while has been quite overwhelming... I had intended on getting a Seamonkey build out when I had any chance whatsoever. When I thought things finally settled down, more things came up and I've basically been away from the computer most of the time. Things are nowhere close to being over just yet. I'm hoping things will finally calm down sometime in mid-November that way I can at least try to get back to building in a somewhat normal pace. However, while I have a little bit of time, I will try to get a SeaMonkey build out. It'll be a "full" build with mail and all included. It's being compiled with Visual Studio 2005 (Beta 2). The build won't use SSE or SSE2 so everyone can try this build. When the build is compiled and uploaded, I'll update this post...

Update: The "full" build failed. I'll try a browser-only build when I get back later today, but I will get a SeaMonkey build out today sometime.

Update: The browser-only build has been uploaded. You can get it here.
Mozilla/5.0 ( Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4pre ) Gecko/20090403 SeaMonkey/2.0b1pre (djeter)
kingsparrow

Post by kingsparrow »

Thanks djeter, I needed this one. I'm using it now, seems stable. I'll take it out for a spin.....................
djeter

Post by djeter »

Hey everyone, I'm still here. Now that things finally calmed down (hopefully for good), I'm trying to work on getting optimized builds out again. However, I'm running into a bit of a problem. I'm seeing this problem trying to build with Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 (Beta 1 and Beta 2):

nsWidgetSupport.cpp
rm -f widgetsupport_s.lib
lib -NOLOGO -OUT:"widgetsupport_s.lib"  nsWidgetSupport.obj
naWidgetSupport.obj : warning LNK4218: non-native module found; restarting link with /LTCG
echo not_ranlib widgetsupport_s.lib
not_ranlib widgetsupport_s.lib
/cygdrive/c/Mozilla/mozilla/build/cygwin-wrapper /cygdrive/c/Moztools/bin/nsinstall -m 644 widgetsupport_s.lib ../../../dist/lib
make[5]: Leaving directory '/cygdrive/c/Mozilla/mozilla/widget/src/support'
make[5]: Entering directory '/cygdrive/c/Mozilla/mozilla/widget/src/windows'
L_Ienumfe.cpp
/cygdrive/c/Mozilla/mozilla/build/cygwin-wrapper cl -FoL_Ienumfe.obj -c  -D_IMPL_NS_WIDGET -DMOZ_UNICODE  -DMOZ_STATIC_COMPONENT_LIBS -DMOZILLA_INTERNAL_API -D_IMPL_NS_GFX -D_IMPL_NS_MSG_BASE -D_IMPL_NS_WIDGET  -DOSTYPE=\"WINNT5.2\" -DOSARCH=\"WINNT\" -DBUILD_ID=2005102714 -I. -I/cygdrive/c/Mozilla/mozilla/widget/src/windows/../widgets -I/cygdrive/c/Mozilla/mozilla/widget/src/windows/ -I/../../../dist/include/xpcom -I/../../../dist/include/string -I/../../../dist/include/dom -I/../../../dist/include/accessibility -I/../../../dist/include/content -I/../../../dist/include/content_xul -I/../../../dist/include/gfx -I/../../../dist/include/gfxwin -I/../../../dist/include/necko -I/../../../dist/include/pref -I/../../../dist/include/plugin -I/../../../dist/include/timer -I/../../../dist/include/uconv -I/../../../dist/include/intl -I/../../../dist/include/locale -I/../../../dist/include/webshell -I/../../../dist/include/docshell -I/../../../dist/include/layout -I/../../../dist/include/xuldoc -I/../../../dist/include/view -I/../../../dist/include/imglib2 -I/../../../dist/include/widget -I/../../../dist/include -I/../../../dist/include/nspr    -I/../../../dist/sdk/include       -TP -nologo -W3 -Gy -FdL_Ienumfe.pdb -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -O2 -GALT -GX -MD            -DMOZILLA_CLIENT -D_MOZILLA_CONFIG_H_ -DX_DISPLAY_MISSING=1 -DMOZILLA_VERSION=\"1.8\" -DMOZILLA_VERSION_U=1.8 -DHAVE_SNPRINTF=1 -D_WINDOWS=1 -D_WIN32=1 -DXP_WIN=1 -DXP_WIN32=1 -DHW_THREADS=1 -DWINVER=0x400 D_WIN32_WINNT=0x400 -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DWIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN=1 -DNO_X11=1 -D_X86=1 -DD_INO=d_ino -DMOZ_ENABLE_CANVAS=1 -DMOZ_DEFAULT_TOOLKIT=\"windows\" -DMOZ_SUITE=1 -DMOZ_BUILD_APP=suite -DMOZ_DISTRIBUTION_ID=\"org.mozilla\" -DOJI=1 -DIBMBIDI=1 -DMOZ_VIEW_SOURCE=1 -DACCESSIBILITY=1 -DMOZ_XPINSTALL=1 -DMOZ_JSLOADER=1 -DMOZ_XTF=1 -DMOZ_MATHML=1 -DMOZ_SVG=1 -DMOZ_SVG_RENDERER_CAIRO=1 -DMOZ_UPDATE_CHANNEL=default -DMOZ_LOGGING=1 -DMOZ_USER_DIR=\"Mozilla\" -DHAVE_UINT64=1 -DMOZ_XUL=1 -DMOZ_PROFILELOCKING=1 -DMOZ_DLL_SUFFIX=\".dll\" -DJS_THREADSAFE=1 -DNS_PRINT_PREVIEW=1 -DNS_PRINTING=1 -DMOZILLA_LOCALE_VERSION=\"1.8b5\" -DMOZILLA_SKIN_VERSION=\"1.8\"  /cygdrive/c/Mozilla/mozilla/widget/src/windows/L_Ienumfe.cpp
L_Ienumfe.cpp
c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'C:\Mozilla\mozilla\widget\src\windows\L_Ienumfe.cpp' : Permission denied
make[5]: *** [L_Ienumfe.obj] Error 2
make[5]: Leaving directory '/cygdrive/c/Mozilla/mozilla/widget/src/windows/'
make[4]: *** [libs] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory '/cygdrive/c/Mozilla/mozilla/widget/src/'
make[3]: *** [libs] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/cygdrive/c/Mozilla/mozilla/widget/'
make[2]: *** [tier_9] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/cygdrive/c/Mozilla/mozilla/'
make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/cygdrive/c/Mozilla/mozilla/'
make: *** [build] Error 2

Everything was working fine until after my last successful build on October 20th {Build ID: 2005102000}. This error came from the 1.8 branch, but the same error is happening with my trunk builds as well. I've tried opening the file in everything (Notepad, Wordpad, Visual Studio, etc.) and it won't let me. It's marked as a read-only, but I thought it'd at least let me see it. I've done reformatted both build machines and they still bring up this error. I know if it was a check-in, other people would probably be having this issue too. I haven't changed anything lately. But nonetheless, I'm still working on trying to get around this error.