npdsplay error

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
BaNaNaS405

npdsplay error

Post by BaNaNaS405 »

Hello... this is the first and only problem I have ran into with firefox. It started the other day when I updated to 1.0.6 If I try and stream any videos from anywebsite. I get something saying "Can not create DirectShow Player" If I use IE it works fine... any help would be appreciated.

Well someone suggested I copy over the npdsplay.dll from the media player folder. So I did that and copied the npdsplay.dll to the mozilla/plugins folder... restarted and nothing =[ this is really frustrating me. I do not want to go back to IE after a year of firefox.
Also tried re installing firefox, then tried going back to 1.0.5... this is very annoying.

Now I tried installing the ActiveX which just mad matters worse... I now get a "firefox.exe no entery" error.. UGH
BaNaNaS405

Post by BaNaNaS405 »

Well I tried installing the codec pack... no luck with that. Then I reinstalled directX 9.0c and nothing still. I guess I'll try reinstalling WMP... do you know what could of caused this problem because one day it was fine then the next it wasn't. Just kinda happened.
BaNaNaS405

Post by BaNaNaS405 »

VICTORY! lol .... sorry i'm so happy this worked out. Booted in safemode and wiped out all the WMP files and re installed and I guess that's all she wrote. Thanks Jim.
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

So, the "Can not create DirectShow Player" error can be fixed by reinstalling WMP? Not the best solution, but it might just do. I'll add it to the guide.
"All things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one" - Occam's Razor
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20110624 Thunderbird/5.0
BaNaNaS405

Post by BaNaNaS405 »

Well, it was the only solution that worked out for me. So in my case it was the best.
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

It's in the guide now, thanks to you: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #ConfigWMP
"All things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one" - Occam's Razor
KnaryTheElder

npdsplay error

Post by KnaryTheElder »

I too started receiving this error after upgrading to FireFox 1.0.6 and all the 'about:plugins' items listed in the guide were installed, so I booted in Safe mode, deleted the WMP folder, ran a couple of registry cleaning utilities, reinstalled WMP 10 and the npdsplay error is no more. Should be an easier method, but this worked.
Racer

Post by Racer »

I just don't understand how upgrading to 1.0.6 would have screwed this up. I believe you, but its perplexing as 1.0.6 is barely different than 1.0.5.
siegfre

Can not create directshow player

Post by siegfre »

Since upgrading to Firefox 1.06 I'm getting this error. What's really strage is that I fix the problem w/ WMP rollback & reinstall, it works for a while, the problem comes back. Very strange
EricN1023

THE ANSWER!!!!

Post by EricN1023 »

This is actually a bugmenot username and password!! (my real name is Eric)

An internal application error has occurred.

CAUSE
This issue may occur if one or more of the Jscript registry key settings are incorrect. This behavior may also occur if the Jscript.dll file is missing or damaged.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, use the following methods in the order that they are presented.

Method 1: Reregister Jscript.dll and Vbscript.dll

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regsvr32 jscript.dll, and then click OK.
3. Click OK.
4. Click Start, and then click Run.
5. In the Open box, type regsvr32 vbscript.dll, and then click OK.
6. Click OK.

If either of the files do not register as expected, or if you receive an error message, the system file may be missing or damaged. To extract the missing file in Microsoft Windows XP, follow these steps:

2. In the Open box, type msconfig, and then click OK.
3. Click Expand File.
4. In the File to restore box, type the name of the file that you want to restore.
5. In the Restore from box, type the path of the Windows XP .cab file where you want to restore the file, or click Browse From to locate the Windows XP .cab file.

Note The Windows XP .cab files are stored in the I386 folder on the Windows XP CD.

6. In the Save file in box, type the path where you want to extract the new file, or click Browse To to locate the folder that you want.
7. Click Expand.
8. In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click OK. If you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

Open a dialog box that previously experienced the issue that is described in the "Symptoms" section of this article. If the issue recurs, go to the next method.

Method 2: Edit the registry
Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{f414c260-6ac0-11cf-b6d1-00aa00bbbb558}\In procServer32

The (Default) value data should contain the following value:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\JSCRIPT.DLL
If it does not, double-click Default, type C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\JSCRIPT.DLL in the Value data box, and then click OK.
4. The ThreadingModel value data should contain the following value:

Both
If it does not, double-click ThreadingModel, and then type Both in the Value data box.
5. Locate the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{f414c261-6ac0-11cf-b6d1-00aa00bbbb558}\In procServer32
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to edit this key, and then go to step 7.
7. Locate the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{f414c262-6ac0-11cf-b6d1-00aa00bbbb558}\In procServer32
8. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to edit this key, and then go to step 9.
9. Exit Registry Editor.
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

Interesting...

Where did you get this?
EricN1023

So do I get a thank you??

Post by EricN1023 »

Actually I did not get it from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831430 although some one else might have. I got it from http://www.opentechsupport.net/forums/a ... 451-1.html I just want to say your welcome.
RonRay

Post by RonRay »

The easiest way to cure the npdsplay Error, "Can not create DirectShow Player" problem with ALL browsers (including Firefox & Opera), is just to re-install Windows Media Player!
(I had that problem with both Opera & Firefox!)

First, download Windows Media Player 9 (or 10) from here: "http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/AllDownloads.aspx?displang=en&qstechnology="
and save it to your hard drive. (download, - don't install.)
(I suppose XP users should install "Windows Media Player 10"... I installed version 9, because I use Win 2000 Pro and I prefer ver 9.)

Next, uninstall all Windows Media Player installations from: "Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs"
(I didn't remove the "HotFixes", because there are just too many programs that would be affected by the removal.)
After the first removal, you will be asked to "Restart your computer", but click on "No", until you have removed ALL installation, including codec/encoder installs. (Everything that pertains to Windows Media Player.)

Next, restart your computer in "Safe Mode".
(The next step 'HAS' to be done in Safe Mode...)

In Safe Mode, install Windows Media Player 9 (or 10) from the folder you saved it to during download.

Restart your computer and all browsers will play all embedded and streaming Windows Media video with no problem! :)
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

That's pretty much the same solution as the op came up with in the 4th post of this thread.
kspoosh

Post by kspoosh »

Hello,

For me it was enough to upgrade from WMP9 to 10.
After the upgrade I restarted my FireFox and all seems to work fine again.

Thanx!
Kspoosh aKa "hw"