Mozilla roadmap -- is Asa in trouble?

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
erratic

Mozilla roadmap -- is Asa in trouble?

Post by erratic »

First, take a look at roadmap:
http://www.mozilla.org/roadmap/branching-2002-08-01.png

As everybody may have noticed, mozilla roadmap is now split into two branches — 1.0.* and 1.*. Also, this split is flushed to the left edge of roadmap.

I wonder, how long Asa is going to drag that historic braching moment in his roadmap — I mean I can hardly see where he can fit 1.3 trunk now. If he removes 1.0 branching porint from roadmap, those two branches will appear totaly unconnected, which will be rather funny.

--
erratic
old jasonb

Post by old jasonb »

The same could be said for when 1.1 scrolls off to the left when 1.5 (or whatever) comes on the scene. (Then we'd lose history.)

I presume that either the graphic will just end up scrolling left/right or some alternative solution for everything will be introduced.
GNU/Ben

Post by GNU/Ben »

Or Asa could just make the space between milestones smaller.
johann_p

My suggestion

Post by johann_p »

Use two images: the begginning part for clarification and newbie-question suppression
purposes to the left and the current head section on the right with a gap inbetween.

I know you didn't ask for my suggestion ... :)
taestell

Just omit it!

Post by taestell »

If you look between 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 on the 1.0 branch, you'll see an omition mark (or whatever it's called). Asa could just omit 1.1 and 1.2 on the main trunk in the same way and skip right to 1.3.

Plus, the 1.0 branch will probably stop being worked on after only 1 or 2 more 1.0.x releases.
WillyWonka

Post by WillyWonka »

You guys do realize that you're arguing about a silly chart. *shakes head* Ugh...

:D